3.19.2006

When I say I'll do it, it gets done dammit! Er, it will one day.

Every now and again I get an urge to do get off my fat ass and do something. Not just something, but to go out and make a series of changes that will impact my life for the better. I choose significant times, like the New Year that let me dismiss my past failures as being badly timed.

And then a couple of months/weeks later I realize I haven't done a damn thing, (except for moving) and choose a new time, make an excuse explaining how I couldn't have possibly gotten those things done at the formerly chosen time, and make a new list, slightly altered.

And now that it's spring, or will be once it stop snowing for once and for all, it's time to get myself into gear again. As it's been winter, cold, damp and dark too early, I haven't had the motivation to go out and do things, how could I? Now that the days are longer and it's warmer, I'll be able to do them, so I'm going to.

Get a job - In a pub or something, if I'm lucky I'll score something reasonably cushy in an office.

Sort out my business - As I'll have an outside job I won't rely on the money so much, I'll reorganize the business so I only have to come here at certain hours on certain days, making my relationship with W a purely business one.

Get a computer - I'll have a job as well as a professionally running business, I should be able to afford one soon enough.

Get into acting - Get some good photos done, and visit that damn casting agent who's been ignoring me for the last few years and make a damn nuisance of myself and make it clear that I'm going to continue to do so, until I get those castings.

Have some sort of life - Make friends, go out more, do stuff. I don't know what stuff but something.

Learn how to write properly - Long winding posts, bordering on poetry about abstract ideas and wonderful innovations. Unique ideas, deep thoughts, biting humour. I want my blog to actually be good for once.
And I'll get going on that as soon as it's a week day and the snow is melted, and it's reasonably warm and not raining. And I'm not being bugged about something else to do, or feeling hungover or just not quite that well. Or preoccupied with worrying about stuff, or just feeling blllrrgg!

4 comments:

Simon said...

What's the film biz like in Prague. I'm sick of the UK film "industry". It's crap.

Michelle said...

Well, they do say brilliant minds think alike, bbahha!

I'm hardly the person to ask about the film industry here, things have not worked out much for me. Any developments that occur, you can be sure it will be reported here.

Anonymous said...

I finally started exercising, which is something I've been swearing for years I'd do.

Simon said...

I've finally started swearing, which is something I've been putting off for fucking ages.