3.29.2006

And so he went forthwith to to the mountain, and spake unto God

I've decided to start a weekly series, to add to all the other successful regular features I have. This one will be the Wednesday Random Bible Verse. Today's is,

1 Corinth 13:13... "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity."
a) It's good to be faithful, cheerful, but the best thing in the world you can be is generous and kind to your fellow beings, and you will get to Heaven.

b) Blind faith is utterly essential, and you must have hope, drive and ambition (if you're a man, and support your money making husband if you're a woman) to serve the one true God, but if you slut around, have abortions or succumb to the gay life, or support, ie don't fully oppose these things, you're on your way to hell baby.

c) The Christian God is the true God, God is good, and Christians are good, generous, kind, loving. If you are a true Christian and go to our church, and don't do anything too evil (which would mean you're not a true Christian), you will go to Heaven.

It's quite simple, choose a random verse, 1st one, or 2nd, 3rd, 4th if you don't like it, and give 3 possible interpretations. If it goes well I'll make it a regular thing.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, as I'm making this up as I go along you can do whatever you like.

You can either make up a better translation than any of mine for the chosen verse, or click on the link in the post which will give you a random bible verse. No need to go out and buy one, it's easy to find on the internet.

Or you can make up whatever you want to do, or just tell me how absolutely right and brilliant I am, or what a complete idiot I am, or just say nothing, or gwawk, or fenzw or something.

Anonymous said...

1 Corinth 2:4... "And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God."

Ah, OK.

1. I don't care what you think about what I say, in fact I don't even care if you understand what I say, so long as at the end of the day we're all like, "Yay, God!"

2. And when two or three gather to look at each other like, "What the #%@^ is he talking about," God is there in the midst of them!

3. Wisdom has nothing to do with it. Nothing. Don't think. Don't ask questions. Just... believe. Because it's not supposed to make sense! If it makes sense, it's not God!

p.s. My verification word is "oqotus", which can only be pronounced, "Oh, quote us." Verily, a message from God! All three of them plus the chick!