3.30.2006

And I shall call him, Craig.

I swear there's a ghost in this building. He lives next door.

I completely disbelieve in ghosts or anything supernatural, but in some cases you've got to make exception. This particular ghosts whistles. All day. Every day. At different times of the day. Sometimes he whistles what sound like they are trying to be tunes, and sometimes he whistles just air. Sometimes he whistles loud, and sometimes not so loud.

I don't know why he whistles, if he whistles to himself, or to someone else, or both. I don't know if he whistles in his sleep, or if in fact he does sleep. In fact I don't know if it is a he.

He's whistling at this moment. It sounds like a tune of some sort. Maybe it's an old forgotten song that nobody bothers to whistle anymore, kept alive by the whistling ghost.

Craig is a good name for him don't you think?

6 comments:

Ronald said...

I think I have the answer. This guy or gal (let's be even-handed) is possibly an asthmatic voyeur who has contrived visual access to your flat, via discreet spyholes in the ceiling. This would account for the differences in the whistle tone and pitch. When you're going about your normal business in the lounge, the whistle (actually,wheezing lungs) is constant and low. But when you're in the bedroom, in various states of undress (and activity!) it becomes erratic as you change position. For instance, the excitement level will increase, if, in a state of undress, you stoop forward giving the snoop the full benefit of your revealing posture. The subsequent change in whistle pitch might be what you refer to when you say, "sound like they are trying to be tunes".

This hypothesis could be tested if you left tape recorders in the flat to record noise levels when you're not there. Hardly any, or no whistling would prove conclusively the theory.

Please ensure you're male flatmate is also out of the flat, for if the perv is of a bi-sexual nature this will compromise the test.

Michelle said...

The problem with that DB is that I don't actually reside in this place, so I don't have opportunity to get nude here. Whoever the ghost may be, be it he or she, it has a preference for males, as the only person who gets naked here, (except on very rare occasions) is a man. But that doesn't mean the experiment couldn't be done however.

D, good idea, I'm going to ask him if he knows 99 Luftballons by Nena, either the English or German version will do.

C, I'm sorry but I like the name Craig, I'm sticking to it.

Ronald said...

That's what happens when in trying to be too smart, you don't read the text properly. That just about sums up how things are with me at the moment. I'll keep my mouth shut in future.

Michelle said...

I don't know Denny, isn't that illegal in Texas?

I don't mind what language he whistles the song in, I like both versions.

Anonymous said...

Could it just be the pipes...or birds making the noise??

Anonymous said...

i have a whistling ghost myself. i came across your blog while researching them. i wanted to see if anyone else had themselves a whistling ghost. mine only whistles at night (that i've heard) and just for a minute or two, then stops. it's very obviously a tune being whislted, and not the wind, pipes, or anything else. good luck with yours! mine doesn't seem to be causing any trouble so far.