3.01.2006

The not about sex post.


chair with interesting use
Originally uploaded by Mutant Cat.
There will be no sex in this post!

I realise that recently I've blogging a lot about sex. I don't know why this is, it's not like I'm some kind of sex crazed monster or anything. It's really not me.

So I'm posting this to show that I have other interests. It's a chair. Being a homebody type, I'm very interested in furniture, decorating and such. This photo was taking in a window during a trip to Paris a few years ago. I saw this chair and fell in love with it. It looks quite comfy don't you think, something to sit back and watch the telly on.

Of course it would have to be re-apholstered it it were to be put in my house, animal prints are really only good for bedding, for the living area something more subtle is needed, maybe a pale yellow or beige. What do you think?

2 comments:

Ronald said...

Ah, a fine specimen of a late-nineteenth century pistol 'last', used as a 'template'. Strips of leather would be sewn around it to create the ideal covering for army pistols. The craftsman would sit astride the chair with the last protruding up between his legs, and work away. By all accounts, this was the optimal method of working, being the most ergonomic position. It's a long day when you're a pistol pouch maker, so it's best to be as comfy as possible. The gizmo underneat is merely to make adjustments to accomodate differing pistol lengths.

Michelle said...

Wow! I was wondering what it was for. I mean it's an obviously unusual chair, I liked it on a purely aesthetically level myself, the style, not the print (of course), but I knew it had some special "use".

Now I know, thanks.