3.14.2006

How long?

Because my life is mostly uneventful, I spend a lot of time thinking about things. I spend a lot of time thinking about time, and how much of it passes before I actually get around to changing things. Like my role in this business, getting myself some money, and severing my dependency on people who I should be well rid of by now.

So, where was I a year ago? Well, it was an intersting day. I'd already moved out of W's a few months before, but I was with him, we were in the center for work purposes, but really weren't getting much done.

The night before I'd been in a pub called the Ghetto, with a friend. We were sitting at the bar. There was a drunk guy at the bar who was getting frustrated with us because we were speaking English and he couldn't understand, and kept asking me to translate for him. Finally, after being interrupted about 6 times I told him we were talking about homosexual dogs. He was rather put out about that and didn't bother us again.

Then I got the phone call. It was W, he was drunk and babbling. Something that just happened in the bar that he'd just left. It involved calling in a bunch of thugs on some people who were fucking with him, he swore that he didn't do anything to provoke them, but I know him better than to believe that. He was pretty proud of himself about the whole thing, but I wasn't really impressed. This was in an expat bar that he used to frequent, and he made himself quite unwelcome there are pulling this stunt.

So the next day when we met he was on a kind of high, we had lunch at a Chinese restaurant, he had some shots, then we went to an internet cafe, he had beers, and somehow all through the day he got more and more drunk. By the evening we ended up in another expat bar, one that we never went to much but our options had been slightly limited by his actions the night before.

A guy was there, someone we'd both met months before. I was so drunk that night that I barely remembered him, but we got on pretty well, and paid hardly any attention to W. He left after a while, being quite tired by all the excitement, and me and my new friend continued talking. To cut a long story short we ended up together that night. And, if you don't count the recent, still unexplained 6 week disappearing act, we've been together ever since.

What does it all mean? Nothing really, I just felt like writing about it.

No comments: