6.22.2006

My brush with fame.

I went to a "film" party last night in an upmarket, trendy bar in the Staroměstksa area of Prague. A bunch of nobodies. But on my way there, as I was coming out of the metro I bumped into this guy,Or should I say he nearly knocked me over. This is Jindra, from Vyvoleni 1. A minor celebrity. Only recognizable in the Czech Republic, from a reasonably popular reality show, but last year's one. He didn't win, but he did last the whole show and came second. I would class him as "q" list.

It was funny because I instantly recognized him, but for a second I thought it was someone I knew personally and was about to say something to him. Then I realized I knew him from the telly and wouldn't know me. It was pretty crowded in the station so he almost ran right into me trying to catch the train.

The party was somewhere I'd never been before. It was one of those streets, of which Prague has many that doesn't so much go in a straight line, but winds around, turns off to what you would expect to be another street and disappears somewhere in the middle. At least I think it did. It took me a while to get there. On cobblestones. In new shoes.

There was a screening of 2 films, both ok, what you expect from amateur films. I met everybody, and am now part of the group. I drank overpriced beer, got a little drunk and listened to (and danced to a little bit) cheesy 80s music. I left when I ran out of money.

By the time I got home my feet were bright red from walking so much in those shoes, but they're better now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You actually came into contact with a last-year's reality-show quasi-celebrity? I bet he didn't know he'd bumped into the Kat of Blogger fame. Well, without knowing the guy, if he's a typical reality-show contestant, then I would guess the talent in your left nipple far exceeds any qualities he might possess.

Glad to hear you've established yourself in the group. A little bit of networking never did any harm, and who knows where it might lead.

Michelle said...

Come on bling, what about Falco?

Actually Don, this guy was sort of the goofball of the group. Not much to offer except for, um, looking silly and acting silly, not exactly the sharpest knife in the knife holder thingy that magnetically attaches to some metal part of your kitchen if you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I know exactly what you mean. You might say... he's everything I am not? Yes?

Thought I'd let you know I came back from my holiday a day earlier, to continue my long-standing love-affair with the Internet, my weblog, and of course... your own magnificent publication. Be prepared to be harrassed by a re-generated arsehole of a commenter, who knows no limits.

Spunk!