6.01.2006

Fun with numbers.

Satan's birthday is coming up, and I was trying to figure out what I should get him. Then I remembered that he never gets me anything so fuck him.

Some people however, are not so blase about the 6th of the 6th 06 coming up. Not surprisingly, some are freaking out. Like this lady.

A woman in England due to give birth on June 6 is fighting with her hospital to induce her sooner to avoid delivering on the demonic date of 6/6/6
You know. I usually really like to be all smug and superior reading about all the nutty Americans there are, and laugh at the very stupidity of so many of them, but shit like this just reminds me that there are wackjobs everywhere, and really I know as may wackjobs as I do people, so I probably should have realised this already.
Melissa Parker, 30, said as a fan of “The Omen,” a movie about a demonic child, she’s genuinely concerned about the numerology involved, The Sun reported Tuesday.
Well darling, you were the one you let your knickers just 9 months before the big date didn't you? You could have chosen to keep your legs together but no, you couldn't wait until a reasonable time that would guarantee your baby would be born at a safe time. Well, now you're going to raise the demon offspring, and it's all your own bloody fault!
“I’m terrified the birth will go wrong or the child will have evil in him or her,” Parker said. “Even worse my beautiful baby could be the devil himself — the anti-Christ.”
Oh please. Talk about self importance. Do you know how many babies are born on one day? Well I don't know either but lots. The very idea that your baby, one of the many babies born on this particular 666 date, which is only one of the many 666 dates that come around every 10 years is just a little bit of a stretch.

Personally, I think she's being a bit silly.

Via God is for Suckers

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh! You're strict aren't you. That poor woman. Perhaps she was in love and overcome with passion, at last finding the man of her dreams; or then again, it might have been nothing to do with the external world and how she perceived it; perhaps it was simply a chance over-production of 'norepinephrine' creating feelings of euphoria and elation, thus influencing her to open her legs in celebration.

Best regards to Satan on his Birthday. No doubt he'll be celebrating with devilled eggs or ham, perhaps?

Cranky McGee said...

The Tower of Darkness has a huge celebration planned for Satan's Birthday. We even get to wear our favorite Hawaiian shirt. There's talk Satan might make a personal appearance, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm not sure if Satan uses the Roman Calendar to make his decisions.

Mr Angry said...

How cool would it be if there were 666 babies born on 6/6/6? That's a sure sign of the apocalypse. That and the continued popularity of reality shows.

My sister would have been 50 on 6/6/6, she was looking forward to it but unfortunately died of cancer last year. When it was clear she wasn't going to make it, we made jokes about whether it was heavenly or demonic forces trying to stop her. Was she going to come into her demonic powers on 6/6/6 so god did it or was she supposed to fight the antichrist and so the devil did it.

My prediction is she is reincarnated on that day. probably as the antichrist but I was always nice to her so I'll be OK.

Michelle said...

Maybe I'm strict Don, but passion and endorphines and whatever other orphines have never been an excuse for not suffering the consequences of your actions. If you're going to fuck 9 months before 666, you have to be prepared to be the mother of the antichrist, that's all.

Cranky. I'm there. I don't have a Hawaiian shirt but I can bring some bananas if you like.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister Mr Angry, it's a great loss. I think it would have been great to have a female evil overlord, and an Australian one at that, some kinds of people are just particularly suited to the job.

Brian said...

At least we haven't heard about a massive number of doomsday cults forming off of this. I mean, 6/6/6, 2000 years after Jesus's supposed birth?!? I'm hoping some whacked out xian sect isn't going to start to start killing babies born on that day.

What really sucks is when you realize that any child born on that day in America could never be elected to a public office.

Michelle said...

Hopefully by about another 50 years this sort of thinking will have died out, not too sure about it though.