6.12.2006

I'm back.

Not that I went anywhere, but I'm back on my computer. The modem had some piece broken in it, it's been like that for months and we could have gotten it fixed ages ago but we've been suffering on a ludicrously slow connection for no reason. Pretty stupid. Well anyway now it's working great. Of course I may be speaking too soon, so forget I said that.

And in other news the Czech Republic just began their World Cup campaign with what you could call an ass beating over the US. Yeah I know they aren't a big football nation but it is nice for a little country win against the imperialists every now and again. It feels right.

6 comments:

The Culture Ghost said...

I'm not really following The World Cup, though a lot of bloggers on my blogroll are quite enthusiastic about it.

I was delighted to hear the Czech Reublic beat the snot out of the U.S.

However, we'll be invading soon to avenge our humiliation on the world stage.

Anonymous said...

A good day for both the Czechs and Aussies at the World Cup. I work with many Americans but actually most care little about "soccer"

Anonymous said...

Hey dude, I watched the Czechs give the US a lesson in how to play the 'beautiful' game, so please don't understate just how good a team they are. On a good day they could kickass with anyone.

I also watched the Socceroos whup Japan. And I thought they were good-for-nothing, beer-swilling, ne'er-do-wells. Where on earth could I have gotten that idea from?

Michelle said...

I didn't actually see the game, I just kept up with it online. I'm sure it was a wonderful experience though.

Who you talking about don, The Socceroos, the Japanese? I'm confused.

Anonymous said...

LOL. I'm sorry Michelle, I assumed with your Australian origins you'd know the 'Socceroos' were the Aussie national football team.

Michelle said...

I know who the Socceroos are, if you read my comment carefully you would realise I'm asking you which particular group I mentioned you're talking about.