6.21.2006

It's worth a try

I have schmoozing party to go to in a little bit. It's not something I literally have to go to, or indeed have even been invited to, it's just something that's on that anyone and everyone can attend. I don't know if will be enjoyable or not, but I'm hoping to meet some people that might be of use to me.

It's a "release" party for a group of amateur filmmakers that's gotten together in Prague over the last few months. I've been meaning to attend one of their meetings but never got around to it, I thought it was more for people who know shit about lighting and camera work and all that stuff, but they've already put together a few short films and are showing them tonight. They're probably crap but I'd like to meet these guys with a view to possibly being in something they do in the future. No money in it of course. It's just something to keep me off the streets.

It's being held in some trendy overpriced bar that I wouldn't choose to go to myself, but I'll have a couple of beers and try to involve some people in conversation, telling all sorts of lies about myself in order to impress. Maybe I'll see someone I know there, which would foil my previous plan of course.

It's in a couple of hours. It was storming about half an hour ago but it's cleared up now and I think it should stay hot for the rest of the night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep in mind not to tell them all the dirty lies which you write down in your blog ;-)

Never mind. (LB.-))

Nick said...

But maybe if you spot someone you know there, they'd be pretending to be something they're not, so you could have fun trying to catch each other out.

Michelle said...

Well, the party went pretty well. It's a pretty casual group and anyone can join up anytime, but it was nice to meet the people involved. I won't be showing anyone from the group my blog too soon, not at least until my posts about them are back in the archives. And I didn't see anyone I know so my cover wasn't blown.

Anonymous said...

http://vanessalea.tripod.com/blog/
V
After living in LA for a long time and having friends in the industry, if I know anything it is that the parties are were people meet and make connections....it is where the real buisness of film making and music making takes place. Maybe something good will happen for you!