6.17.2006

Quack, I say.

It's heartwarming story Saturday. Today it's all about ducks.

DUBLIN (Reuters) - A mother duck brought traffic in central Dublin to a standstill for an annual event Friday as she marched her seven ducklings to a pond for their first swim.
Aw.
The duck, encouraged by delighted passersby, was relocating her young from their birthplace in the grounds of Trinity College to St. Stephen's Green, the city's historic public park, around half a mile away.
Damn the missed photo opportunity! How come nothing like that ever happens in Prague? And how come this never happened in Dublin when I lived there? Of course it may have but I was never out in the day and didn't have a camera anyway. But why?

And it's all along such a scenic route, I would have followed them. I'm going to have to visit Dublin sometime, armed with camera. I'll go next summer though, I want to get there in time for Mrs Duck's journey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's disgraceful! You have such a bad time of it. You'd think occasionally a family of ducks would find there way into the vicinity of you, your computer, and your camera. It must be really annoying having all the 'good stuff' happening outside of your room :-)

Michelle said...

Exactly. I'm so hard done by, I don't know how I survive.