5.31.2006

Me


It's uncanny!
Originally uploaded by Mutant Cat.

It's me. An impression of me. A sort of impression by me. Well it's art, so perhaps it isn't entirely realistic. I had fun modeling for it though. Pretty much sat in a bar and chatted, all at someone else's expense. Took some photos as this example shows. Very similar to my first choice of way to spend an afternoon. Well, my actual first choice might an unusual combination of photography, sex, internet and a very nice dinner, (and the company of a different gentleman though this guy is cool, some of the factors are to be enjoyed with a particular person) but beer and pubs are pretty good. And the final result is me, as art. Or sort of me anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty
V

Mr Angry said...

So this is the first step on your way to being immortalised? Not a bad start. I'll be interested to see how it progresses.

Anonymous said...

That's an interesting pic.

A lot of folks think portraits (or any kind of painting come to that) ought to resemble the subject as closely as possible (If you're interested in the technical term for this it's 'trompe l'oeil', meaning realistic imagery - I throw this in solely to impress cos I'm so inadequate I have nothing else to offer). I disagree though. We have photography to fill that role. Painting is always going to be one man or woman's perception, so regarding other people's opinions regarding it's likeness to the subject, it's always going to be hit and miss. But who cares anway? I think it ought to be judged on its own merits and not compared with you. Which leads me to think... for all we know, the gal who modelled Da Vinci's Mona Lisa might have been a short-haired blonde with a hair-lip. Lenny (as they call him in the trade) might just have painted her as he saw her. Perhaps he wasn't very good at hair-lips, like other people are crap at feet or hands.

So to your picture. I don't see a likeness, but I'm aware of the artist getting to know you, in a way none of us ever will. So perhaps he's showing that in his portrait. He's seen past the sex-bomb image you like to portray, and shown us instead, the young, kind, girl.

You ought to pay me for these top-class reviews.

Michelle said...

Consider this a trial Don. Once you've done 6 reviews that I like and agree with I'll think about making it a permanent thing.

Anonymous said...

Awww, shucks Pussycat, you know I wouldn't really charge you. All of my efforts are out of my profound admiration of you, so I'll keep plugging away for nothing. Doing it for you is its own reward :-)