5.28.2006

Will it ever end?

It really seems to be a week for technology problems. At least I hope it is because if it isn't that means it's just going to be a regular thing. After fixing my computer the other night, all was well the next day. But then yesterday I took a few photos, just for the fun of it and tried to put them on the computer. It just wouldn't work. I have no idea why, I tried and tried again, restarted the computer and everything I could think of.

I use Flashpath which is a disc you put the memory card in, and I've been using this for about 3 years, it's didn't come with the camera. I have the hardware that came with the camera, but not the installation cd for the software because the man who did the buying at the time let the guy he bought it from second hand tell him he couldn't find it and it was easy enough to download it from the internet. I was slightly annoyed at this but as I was using something else it didn't matter so much.

Well now I need it, and I've tried downloading all sorts of different things and none of them work. I'm doomed, nothing will work.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there!

Hmm, I wonder, do you have an USB cable to connect your camera to your PC? And you use Photosop or a similar program at times, right? Normally, there is a function in these programs to download photos directly from a camera that is connected via USB. This should not need the prior installation of any specific camera software. At least this works for me when using Picasa for organising my photos. Have a try, if possible!

Hey, and chin up, my Dear! Perhaps your PC has only a little cold - let's hope it is not Bird's Flu that you may have picked up from this confiding Mr. Duck..... ;)

Anonymous said...

Further to what Remmy says, using a USB connection, you ought to be able to download all pics from your camera without the need for any third-party software like Picasa. XP should deal with it.

Michelle said...

Thanks guys. It's working now. Seems that venting my frustration on my blog has some magic to it. I think it was the computer, it's been acting weird lately and I did a few scans and got rid of some bugs and I tried my usual method again and it worked. Hopefully it will continue to work and not screw up again on me.

Anonymous said...

"I tried my usual method".

Does that involve standing on one leg, humming the Australian national anthem, depressing Shift F5 and the ALT key (simultaneously, obviously) whilst wearing a world war one gas mask?

Michelle said...

Don't be silly Don. I don't even know how the Australian national anthem goes anymore. I prefer to sing "I'm in the Mood for Dancing" while I'm doing it. And I wear a gasmask from WWII. I dunno they're just easier to obtain.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I don't understand that. I've been led to believe there's an incompatibility issue with WW2 gas masks and Windows XP... hang on... or was that British, 1950s National Health Service leg-calipers for spastics, and Windows 95. I'm not sure anymore.