5.11.2006

Cheese will always save the day.

Well life seems to be settling down to it's usual pace, that of sucking in an empty boring way as opposed to a stressful way. I'm still a little stressed about a few things to do with my flat and the upcoming signing of the contract, but I'm more just kind of bleegh!

I was going to sort out the contract yesterday but my new flatmate fell asleep before the landlord showed up. He seems to be still on American time. It was still early evening, and as his room is also the shared living area and kitchen I sat in my room reading for the rest of the night, after creeping in quietly to get a yoghurt from the fridge, so as not to wake him.

Now one measly yoghurt isn't enough to last me a whole evening, and I began to get hungry. I waited though, thinking he might wake up and go off for a bit. I waited and waited. All I had in the kitchen was some bread, cheese and ham. Nothing that needed to be cooked, but still a bit difficult to prepare in the dark quietly.

Finally I crept into the room again, quietly opened the fridge door and grabbed my cheese and ham. I went back to my room and ate it just rolled up together. It might seem uncivilized but I was fucking starving.

I hope this guy gets his clock sorted out and starts whatever he's supposed to be doing soon. Apart from liking to use my kitchen, I need to wash stuff (the washing machine is in this area as well) and it might even be nice to sit in my own living room and watch tv once in a while. I'm not sure how it's going to work out, but I'm being pressured to sign a contract for 6 months, which I'll probably do this week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Oh - I've just come across your blog. It got me excited. Not in a bad way - but because you are in Prague. I went to Prague back in the early nineties and it was a wonderful place. Cultured, mostly leftist (the general populace rather than the new McDonalds which opened the day we arrived) and had cheap beer.

I think god is going to get a bit of a complex because we are ganging up on him.

Michelle said...

Thanks for dropping by, it's nice to have a visitor. It seems as though everyone else has forgotten about me, I think I'm going to cry.

Michelle said...

I really don't know. I have no need to find out.

Anonymous said...

If he falls asleep in a shared area during non-traditional sleeping times, he's on his own.

Anonymous said...

V:
I have always thought cheese tastes better if it is one of those little cocktail party cubes...I love cheese, but I go for the cube everytime! Cheese and apples are a fabulous combo too.

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
» »