5.06.2006

Give me a break.

Today is the big day. My new roommate shows up in a few hours. I think. He's taking the train from Bratislava to Prague, the last email said he should be in Prague (not sure which station) at 3pm, but he would email me before leaving Bratislava with all the details.

So I looked in my inbox this morning and lo and behold what did I find? Nothing! Well not nothing, there was a bunch of comment confirmations, some Flickr mail, an email from my brother and junk, but no this guy. A bit of a setback but I figured I would just check the train timetables and find out exactly when and where this train from Bratislava would be coming. I had to sort through a bunch of useless touristy sites first but I found it. The closest match was a train coming to Prague at 3:25 at a different station than the one I'd expected.

My plan is to go and meet that train. I really don't know how likely he is to be on it, or how I'll recognize him, no idea if he has a clue what I look like, but I'll go. It's all I can do. I asked him to please call me whenever he gets this email if he's running late, or if plans have changed, as I probably won't be online, no idea if he will or not.

There's always the chance that he won't show up at all, that he's changed his mind, that it was all a big joke to begin with and I'll be left with the entire rent burden. Or he could just be late. I got no fucking idea. This is a problem, I don't like these kinds of uncertainties.

There is something else bothering me too, actually much more than this, but I don't want to get into that now. It certainly doesn't help that I've got this bullshit to worry about on top of it though.

No comments: