5.25.2006

This is typical!

I'm suffering from the indignity of having to post this from an internet cafe. Why you ask? Well my computer is dead. Fucked. Buggered. Frumxed!

I made that last one up. Well anyway it just won't turn on. I tried again and again this morning and it just won't do it. Well it kind of turns on, the Windows logo comes up and looks like it's going to start normally but then the screen just goes to black and stays there. I don't know what to do with it. I tried looking up the problem to see if it was fixable, and the only thing I seem to have found out is that its probably a hardware problem, which information is about as useful to me as if it were a werewolf problem. I don't know anything about fiddling around with the hard bits! I'd just break it.

So I'm here. Apart from the futile attempt to find a fix from my problem I had to check my email, blogs, stats and photo stuff so I've been here a while. I don't have my phone with me because someone had to borrow it because he lost his own the other night getting seriously shitfaced. He needs it because he has meetings with people, and I don't really need it that much because I don't have a life, or friends, or any purpose. And now I don't even have a computer. I'm going to cry now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I do apologise for laughing, but I can't help it. Perhaps it's just the mood I'm in but I couldn't help but guffaw (inwardly of course, I'm at work) Here you have, in computing terms, the worst possible scenario (and I do sympathise) - the dead computer. Fucking awful. But you blogged about it admirably. Specifically, when you used the word, "Frumxed"; but it's not just that, it's the way it's worked it into the post. Pardon me now while I go off on one and invent some pseudo-technical talk, as if I know all about comedy.

There's comic timing in the way you ended the first paragraph with "Frumxed", which amounts to a pause, right? Well, then you start off the second paragraph with, "I made that last one up". It has a deadpan quality, but it's deadly. Simple yet hilarious. Then you topped it off with, "which information is about as useful to me as if it were a werewolf problem". Hehe. As they say, it's the way you tell them.

The best comedy comes out of the worst situations.

Please don't think I'm enjoying your situation, I'm not. I have all the usual fraternal/paternal feelings when things like this occur, but I can't help but appreciate the way the post was written.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

Just an idea for your computer problem: Try pressing F8 while the machine boots and then choose 'safe mode'. (LB)

Michelle said...

Well, it's fixed now, and I didn't have to reformat. I'm not sure what I did though. When I was first trying to fix it earlier in the day it wouldn't turn on at all, not even in safe, then later on it only started in Safe mode and wouldn't start in anything else. Then something happened, I don't know what and it's been fine since then.

Don, thanks, and I'd like to say that you've definitely been an inspiration re making up words.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I appreciate you saying that. I have to admit, when I looked at what I'd said some time afterwards, I thought, "oh fucking hell, it sounds so sucky-up-ish, and Michelle will cringe with embarrassment for me. But it's genuine. I really did laugh. In any case, I wouldn't dare try and flannel such a hard-nosed, feminist-anarcho-fuck-you-in-the-face-as-soon-as-look-at-you person like yourself.

Anonymous said...

That's, feminist, anarcho, fuck you in the face as soon as look at you :-)

Anonymous said...

Shit. I only repeated the hyphenated word because it didn't show in the original comment window; you know, the one that show's all the ugly mugs of the commenters. But when you go back into the post and check the comments, it's all there. Sorry for hogging the comments. I'll have to try and remember that in future as I have a tendency to string words together in that way.