5.20.2006

Why I should never have children.

I would probably turn into this woman.

Mom taking photos of son: Smile, sweetie.
[click click]
Mom: Smile from within, honey.
[click click]
Mom: Smiling from within means smile like you're happy on the inside.
[click click]
Mom: Okay, not that much.

--Prospect Park
Of course I'm quite happy to just take photos of me, I'm my favourite subject. But that's because I don't really have any family, many friends or other victims to take photos of. If I did they'd have a hard time living up to my standard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

V: I take photos of buildings and nature...I find most people boring.

The Culture Ghost said...

I'm with anonymous; people as subject matter are tedious.

And I loathe those "photos" at parties, picnics and other gatherings where some schmuck with a camera decides to record the "moment" and groups everyone together with the command, "Smile."

I never do (smile).

Michelle said...

I like taking photos of pretty much everything. I'm only one of my many subjects, though I don't take many of people.

Yesterday I got to be the model for someone else. I took my camera out with me to meet my boyfriend and we took a bunch of photos. Mostly him, once he got it he didn't want to give it back and I had to pose for him a few times, the sort of "wait there, don't move" sort of thing. I prefer modelling for myself.