5.26.2006

Mr Duck says Quack!


Gimme food!
Originally uploaded by Mutant Cat.
I met Mr Duck yesterday as I was wandering around by the river Vltava. "Quack" apparently means "gimme some goodies", as just minutes before I arrived there was a gentleman generously handing out duck treats. Obviously I was viewed as a potential feeder.

I was armed only with my camera, and unfortunately didn't have any duck goodies to give out, but he posed for me anyway. Good duck.

As I mentioned yesterday I also managed to get shots of dancing Slovakians, dancing buildings, bridges, a castle and some swans. Check them out on Flickr.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ducks can be mean sometimes, especially the ones who are used to humans feeding them. I had one bite me 'cause I didn't have any bread.

Fucker.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics. Now i don't have to visit Prague any more .-)

Anonymous said...

Great pic
Sure, ducks can be mean but who ever heard of a duck eating a human?
Fortunately this duck probably won't be eaten in spite of duck being a common Czech dish

Cranky McGee said...

You took a lot of very beautiful pictures. Prague is definitely a very scenic place. It puts my town of Lincoln, NE to shame (no surprise there though).

I did see a river. It looks wide enough that I should be able to get my pirate ship through. My crew of scallywags and I will be there sometime in June, depending on the winds.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I'm sure I commented on this post the other day, but somehow it seems to have disappeared. I really must stop taking hallucinogenic substances. Anyway, this is the gist of what I wrote:-

I like ducks. The way they waddle makes them so cute, and I feel so guilty now for all of the crispy duck I've had in my take-aways over the years. These cute, ickle wickle birdies are also hunted for sport. I guess that's where the term 'quack-shot' originated.

I love your new profile pic by the way. It's definitely my favourite. Just goes to show, you can look so beautiful without having to reveal any flesh at all.