5.15.2006

Signing my life away.

Today I'm going to be signing the contract for my flat. I've lived there for about 2 months but it's been quite loose and easy. The guy who lived there before had the contract and I was just subletting the room from him. Now that there's a new person in there someone else has to take over the contract, and we decided it would be me.

It doesn't sound like a big deal, I know there's people out there who own houses and cars and have children and stuff, but for me this is really like being grown up or something, even if it's only for 6 months, not even a year as they usually are.

The reason it slightly bothers me is that the place isn't absolutely ideal for me, and I'd like to live somewhere that is, I didn't mind living in less than perfect conditions when it was just month by month and I could leave whenever I wanted too, although it's probably the closest to ideal I'm going to find right now, and I probably wouldn't do anything about finding a better place anyway, but now it's 6 WHOLE MONTHS I'm expected to stay there.

So my plan is to get my shit together enough in 6 months so I can finally get what I want, and what I want now is a place on my own. No sharing, I can have kitties, I can wander around naked when I want, watch tv all day, make a mess in the kitchen and clean up when I can be bothered to.

It's not that my place or situation is so bad, it's ok. I don't want it to sound like I live in a hellhole or anything, I've just gotten to the point where I want what I want. Now I have to wait at least 6 months for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems getting to the point where you want what you want always includes watching tv all day. What then will getting to the point where you do what you want look like? - I'd better not want to know.

LB (still at point where he knows what he doesn't want)