5.09.2011

You thought you were so clever didn't you?

Finally got us all keys today. Yes, I've been living here for over a week but we've been using this master key thingy... one between 2 of us. It's worked out.. because I sorta work near where he works and usually start when he finishes so we've managed.. but still, grown up people have as many keys as there are people in their domicile.. as the kids, I've been repeatedly told, wouldn't be caught dead saying today. And well.. we're nothing if not grown up, which pretty much makes us nothing but we can at least have a key each ffs!

So yeah.. it's not just a matter of getting a key cut, they're this weird newfangled security key thingy, and we had one, but the landlord came in like the day after we moved in to fix up some lights while we were out and used the wrong one and somehow.. no idea how this work, he reset the key, so the only key we had to this flat was the master key.

We were still moving stuff at the time, and Erik has work and I had tours so we couldn't really let him have the key to go get our ones done, so he kept it with us.. and we shared the key etc etc as has been hashed out earlier. Was busy, time went by, then was lazy, this place of course had to be somewhere a bit impractical to get to so I didn't bother for a few days.

so I went today. Looked up the place on the map, was armed with my little bag with keys and card and instructions. Well of course it's never that simple.. went to the metro and then to the tram stop.. got to the street without too much trouble but then.. well I had no idea where to go. I walked down the street and no fucking numbers.. just a lot of residential buildings and stuff being built... so I walked back, then I saw a sign for this place so I thought cool... and arrows, but I followed the arrows and obvs went past because I went too far, then I went back and there was an arrow pointing to a fence around a complex.. so I kept wandering back and forth til I saw a cornered arrow so I go around the corner..

well anyway.. I'm already bored with this, so it was in some huge complex.. sort of in the middle of nowhere so I walked around and around this dirt road.. and well my issue is that though I'd been given the address.. the place was actually NO WHERE NEAR THE FUCKING ROAD I WAS LOOKING FOR! I mean the arrows were on that road, but still.. at least tell me.

So.. I go in, show them the stuff saying do this all the info should be there and the guy asks me if I want it like this one or something else and I'm like, I don't fucking know, I need a key like this, so he cuts me 2 master keys. I think. I dunno.. they work so that's good, but if it's a problem I'm not going back there to get the proper ones, fuck that and stuff.

I mean it wasn't that bad.. but really, what's wrong with regular fucking keys that don't fuck up if someone puts another key in the door, which you can get cut anywhere, and real cheap? They seem to work don't they?

No comments: