5.06.2011

It's always something..

There I was, yesterday morning, leisurely getting up at whatever time I dann well wanted, which as pretty early come to think of it but that's not important, without a single scheduled lug up the stairs, have myself a coffee, mess around on the internet.. decide I'm a bit thirsty so I go to pour some water and...

NO BLOODY WATER COMES OUT!

Kept trying.. but nothing, after an hour, tried, but nothihng. Suddenly I was really really thirsty. Fun.

A real fun fucking day... it will go down on the annals of history as the (about 4 or 5 hours out of) day there was no water in (some parts of) Vršovice and possibly Vinohrady.

And I don't mean something piddly like no hot water, I mean no water running at all! No way to make another coffee, to have a drink of water, or even rinse an apple or anything! And of course I was thirsty, needed a shower and didn't have any food that could be consumed without being boiled. Yes, that bad. It was so bad I had to go downstairs to the pub, where they were keeping afloat by bringing in water from a truck outside.

So then I came back and it was on.. um.. ok so it doesn't seem all that traumatic now. Still.. I didn't really need it at the time.

4 comments:

Ronald said...

And worse, you couldn't flush the toilet either... but best not to think of that (aaarrrggghhh!. What a lucky escape you had! Anyway, here's wishing you all the best in your new home. May it all go so smoothly you'll be hard-pushed to find anything to blog about :-)

Thanks for the great comment on my blog! I'm trying hard not to disappear again.

Crustaceans.

Michelle said...

Yeah.. well it turned out ok but at the time I had no idea how long it would be.. quite distressing. Until I went to have a beer that was :)

And I'm happy to comment on your blog.. just pleased that you're back, treating us all with the gems you so lovingly share with us..

;)

Ronald said...

I know! Isn't it marvellous the news about my hair? And to think, only a few days ago, I believed I had nothing to write about. Now I realise, the possibilities are endless. I'm thinking of blogging about my finger and toe nails next, and how they grow at different rates. It's soooo interesting.

Big hugs and a platonic kiss.

Michelle said...

There is always something to write about.. not necessarily something interesting ;)

not that I'm suggesting that the length of your hair is anything less than rivetting.. and totally worth writing home about.. and the fingernails have a lot of potential.

it's true