5.24.2009

What a good idea!

That's what I thought yesterday when I was invited to go meet a friend in a beergarden, seeing as I've been on my own most of the month, haven't been socializing much and that hanging out in beergardens is generally considered a pleasant thing.

And it was. Lovely evening, hung out with this friend and some other guy I'd never met before, we talked, we laughed, we drank beer. It was pleasant but mostly uneventful, except for the incident at the pub we went to afterwards when it got dark where I knocked my glass over and broke it.

You can probably guess from the aforementioned incident that I got pretty drunk. Which also led to me having something of a hangover when I woke up today. And it sucked. It sucked for the obvious reasons that hangovers suck, and also because I had things to do today. I had to go to the film school to dub over some scenes in which the sound didn't come out right. Luckily it got put back 2 hours, giving me some much needed time to recover a little, but I still felt quite shit by the time I had to go. Not too shit to be puking on the way however, I just about passed being ok to go out.

Once I was out, I figured no biggie.. it'll just be sitting and talking. Well it was partly. I was in a tiny little sound booth going over some words that were either said wrong, according to the director, which were drowned out by the other actor coughing in the scene.

First I had to say "yes" over and over again a bunch of times. This was ok, but then I had to do the other scenes, which were the louder, shouting scenes, and I needed to stand up so the sound would be right. Of course they needed to be done over and over again.. I did a bunch one way, then he gave me a different direction... then I needed to do it the particular way it sounded on the video, and then he changed his mind and wanted me to do it differently.. After saying these words 20 times it made my head spin, but I didn't get sick in that dark claustrophobic little room, which is a positive.

It was actually done pretty quickly, luckily, and I was able to leave. I did need to puke when I went out on the street though, but I went around what seemed like a secluded corner, though there were still windows from the film school in view. I did try to do it discreetly, so perhaps no one saw.

Anyway I'm much better now, thanks for asking.. and now I'm done with the film. He doesn't need me anymore. Unless of course what we did today wasn't sufficient and it needs to be done again.

No comments: