5.13.2009

Blu-di-hell!

Fuck!

Ok, so this time yesterday I was tired, having finished shooting at 4am though we were supposed to go until midnight, not that it made any difference because a certain furry feline wouldn't let me sleep, and I had to get up to be there to shoot again at 1pm.

That turned to 2pm, then he was late so we got in at about 2:30, then he fiddled around setting up. The makeup woman came and had to wait around, I waited around... finally started shooting at I don't know what time, but I'll guess 4:00. We did the "bathroom" scene, which was a little nervy for me, but not as much as I thought it would be.. then I had to wait around again, dripping wet and in a towel... got the makeup done so our m-a artist could get on her way...

waited for him to set up... then more crew members showed up.

..........

12 hours later I'm still in the flat and we've 2 scenes left to shoot, that was before he remembered the other scene, the final eye opening scene that tells us what the story was all about.. so we have 3 left to do. Of course that means something like 14 shots..

and the camera battery dies.

Director goes to get food and stuff and we wait around. I feel like sleeping. He comes back.. they set up and we rehearse a bit... now.. I'm bad enough at this acting while rehearsing (much like my acting while the camera's going) but when I'm as ready to sleep as I was at this time, it's not what I want to do most in the world.

We finally got another scene going. I walked back and forth through the hallway a few times. It took me a while to know what the fuck scene he was talking about before we even got started, but that happens at what was probably 4am.

And it died again. So we waited. Rehearse the phone scene and went back in the kitchen to set up. Day was coming in slowly through the windows, so of course they took particularly long to set up.

We shot. Didn't shoot as many takes as on average, but more because we had limited battery power, than because it was so late and we were tired, though the late and tired did play into it some. The take being actually any good didn't have much to do with the decision. We had to take the scene from 3 different angles (3,4, 6?) of course, so that took time. The last scene was simple and fast, just one take, so we took 3. And we were done. The good thing about it was I could walk home in daylight. It was 5:50 when I left.

And that was it! Now we only have to reshoot a scene that was crap or too dark or whatever at the other flat, so I have to be there at 3pm. I don't even want to be out of bed yet! And I have all of this other stuff to do, which I stupidly thought, I'd have time to do today. Today's shoot was originally supposed to be at 5, so considering (as I thought) I'd be done by midnight yesterday, (a conservative estimate, seeing as the original start was at 1) that I'd get plenty of sleep, and be up early not feeling like total shit, but no.

Today's shoot is supposed to take an hour, after makeup that is, so I'm expecting to be home by daylight tonight. I just want to go to sleep.

3 comments:

Ronald said...

So what happens to your 'job' while all this goes on?

Michelle said...

Job?

Ha hahahah ha ha ha ha ha haha hahhhaah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.. *cough*
ha ha...

Well. It's getting left behind innit? I've got boxes all over the place and none that fit this thing that needs to be sent and I need to change something and send stuff...

And of course didn't do any of it today.

Bugger.

Ronald said...

Just as I suspected. Phew! I can still hold you in the highest esteem regarding your "job commitment". I like to feel I'm in good company.