5.01.2009

Shoot

Shot the first day's footage of my other film, the one I'm actually acting in, yesterday.

It was daytime, in the park, and the shoot was mostly of me walking, stopping and looking around. My costume was the favourite part, a word of advice for filmmakers, if you're a dude, or otherwise a person who doesn't really know much about women's clothing and women's stuff due to not doing them/wearing them, don't have really specific ideas on what you want, unless you have a huge budget and professionals who can sort that stuff out for you. Mine had these sorts of ideas. Of course, my costume was lovely. I had a sort of flowy but not really long skirt, a black shirt which he forgot to bring so I just kept on the one I was wearing, and a green jacket too small for me. The best were the shoes, very high heeled and pointy, and too small for me. He said bring tights, and as I only have black ones I brought those. The shoes were tan coloured. I also had a scarf around me, some dangly earrings and necklace. It mightn't sound like anything in particular but it looked like a combination of hippy, girly and trying but not succeeding to be professional.. and as it happens my character was described (in our early rehearsals) as curious, childlike, confident, and someone who's unremarkable so perhaps it fits.

My hair was done by me. He called up 2 days before and asked if I could do something myself, it didn't mater, as long as it curled and had volume. Kay.. so I got some mousse and some curly brush thing and succeeded in creating nothing. Then I just scrunched it up so it was sorta curly but mostly messy and that was what I was stuck with. And he wanted me to wear these hideous glasses too, but I deliberately forgot to wear them when we were shooting. And the makeup made me look.. combined with this outfit.. absolutely middle aged and horrible.. he wanted pale, so she made me pale and then regular makeup but no eyeliner, and I don't look good without eyeliner.. but nevermind.

So we shot.. we redid takes again and again, the shoes hurt like hell, but there was always a problem with sound or something.

After the park we shot some scenes by the river, on this little jutting out thing that was completely unstable and wonky, and he wanted me to go out there with those shoes on, but I felt too uncomfortable, so he had to shoot those scenes without the feet visible.

It was a nice day.. shooting went ok I guess. I think my acting sucked in the scenes I did because I was concentrating too much on getting the actions right... so complicated to walk, stop, pretend something is on your shoe and look up and around :) but that's how it always is.. I'm just not a professional.

We went late.. and probably would have gone later if it hadn't started raining near the end of the shoot... just as well it did, I got to go off to Al Capone's for a night before Singapore cocktail with Erik..

oh Erik left today.. did I mention that? I'm off to shoot number 2 in a few minutes, the night shoot.

No comments: