4.27.2006

Anything you like as long as it's pink

I've been trying to shop a bit lately. It's something I don't do that often, partly because I don't have too much money, partly because I'm lazy and rarely tear myself away from the computer, and largely because it annoys me. Even if I was considerably more well off, it's entirely possible that I'd live in the same old clothes for years.

I can't do it forever though, I really need new stuff. Most of my clothes are well worn, and more importantly I don't really have any that I like. Fortunately I have a bit of money to spend so I'm able to get new things.

But what? Everything, and I mean every single piece of clothing in the stores is awful! I can't find a single thing I like. Ok I haven't been looking that hard, I give up pretty quickly. One thing I've been trying get is a new bag. I own one big bulky bag which I don't want to carry around everywhere, I'd like to get a nice little compact one, just big enough for everything I need. I've seen a few which are exactly that, small, affordable, and have a design that I like. Problem is they're all PINK! And white too. Those are the only 2 colours they come in. I've seen a few other similar ones I like the style of but they also come in a variety of different colours, every one of which I hate and AREN'T BLACK!

All I ask for is a nice, small black bag. You wouldn't think it's so hard to find one. There are plenty of black bags of course, but I don't like any of them, they're too big, have an awful design, have sequins and ugly patterns all over them, have a dinky little strap that you can't put on your shoulder. Everything except for the type of bag which is all over the place except not in black.

It's the same with clothes. For some reason pants which are sort of long but short and kind of puffy seem to be in. I'm not sure what they look like on a human because I've never tried them on, but on a rack they look awful. And I see that all the time because that's ALL THERE FUCKING IS! And they're pink half the time too. All I want is a pair of straight, long pants, in black or some inoffensive dark colour. Of course I can't fucking find them.

And this pink is everywhere. Not a dark rich pink, (which I wouldn't wear anyway), but pale pink. And it's often teamed with white. I've seen it on the racks and on actual people. I was amazed when I first saw a woman decked out all in pale pink and white, right down to shoes and bag back in early spring, but by now I've become desensitized.

I'll try again I suppose. I'll give it another shot. It's really just as well I'm not rich, it would be maddening to have all that money without having anything to spend it on.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I could do that Denny, possibly will, it's just that I find it amazing that I can't find a simple small bag in black. I'd rather just buy one in the colour I want if I can you know.

You know Chymera, the clothes here are probably are the ones that they sell in Germany, possibly in England. I'd probably be more likely to find clothes I like from America. And we don't have the same currency as Germany, no euros here yet, we still have our old fashioned little people's currency.

xwy said...

I sympathize with you. I love to shop but haven't for a long time for the same reasons. The clothes right now suck! I go to the mall and it's the same clothes in every store. I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not having a nightmare. And don't get me started on the bags....Ugh!!