2.21.2009

Give us a break already..

before I start ranting, I have to add that it's come to my attention that this actually isn't such a big deal and this has been going on in other, more capitalist parts of the world for some time but...

I was shopping at the supermarket earlier, and passed the veggie section and went to the part where they tend to have.. stuff, chocolates, seasonal stuff er.. stuff like..

chocolate bunnies!!! yes that's what I saw, chocolate fucking easter fucking bunnies!!!
I mean, we only just got over christmas! Now I'm going to calm down.

Ok, some people who live in English speaking parts of the world said they've had chocolate eastery stuff in the shops they go to since about after the new year, so this is nothing special. Talk about a letdown, I took a photo and everything but it didn't come out too good so it ain't going up anywhere. Not sure why we're behind those places in pushing family/capitalist/religious/chocolate eating holidays actually, we're pretty big on those here strangely enough, the only thing I can think of is that they waited until after they pushed chocolate hearts and shit on us for Valentine's day, something that isn't supposed to be such a big deal here but you do get the merchandise all the same, and thus we got until the 3rd week of Feb to be free of Easter. I could be wrong, in fact I probably am.

No comments: