2.27.2009

It's all very posh really

I'm going to a concert this evening. It's one of those ones where everyone sits sedately on their seats in a hall charmingly done up with chandeliers and the like, you know one of those "classical" ones.. some cat called Beethoven is playing. I'm pressing my frock at this very moment.

It has been suggested by my concert going partner that we have no business going to such a do, considering what happened the last time we tried to be a bit swanky, which failed miserably of course. It was said in jest, but nevertheless I pointed out that this is different because we're not attempting to plan this one. It's something he's getting through work, so it's free, and hopefully we'll get some wine and cheese at intermission. In fact, I might not be wrong if I state that it's the major attraction of this evening for me.

That and the pub afterwards. Ok, so I might enjoy a bit of music. I mean, I'm not that much of a pleb, I think I can be prevailed upon to enjoy something other than a loud stinky pub with beer and delicacies like stinky cheese, talking loudly about something inane and taking dorky photos of the beer while other people look at me strangely.

Oh wait..

3 comments:

Ric said...

Hope the concert was good (and the wine and cheese, of course). It's been years since I've been to a classical performance. Used to hit them fairly routinely, until I become someone of more modest means. I'm not even sure where the nearest concert hall is.

Anyway, which Beethoven?

Erikland said...

"Missa Solemnis"

Yes, it was nice, but kinda slow. And long :Z

Michelle said...

Yeah, what he said :)

*looks smug*