2.14.2009

Where I become an official conformist.

It's been a fun life, scowling, marching, rebelling against everything, feeling superior and doing what I want cos I want to, changing the world for the better and making sure everyone knows it. But fuck it, you can only do so much.

Ok so my quasi-anti Valentine's stance has been pretty ineffectual and I've at most not really gone out of my way to celebrate it rather than be actively against it. I mean I've never been into heart shaped chocolate (in particular) or flowers or demanding some man fork out for something particularly expensive and pink or else, like other women (yes, every last one of them, no exceptions) so I guess I was justified in feeling holier than thou. Them, those. Whatever.

Well anyway today I'm doing the dinner thing with the bf and it's quite a swanky place so I guess we're being pretty traditional, though I'm still quite happy about the absence of heart shaped chocolatey pink jewel encrusted things, I have to point out. And I did some themed photos commemorating the day, which to be honest I do almost every year, though a few years ago I brilliantly subverted the concept with this photo, so think of it what you will.

The main reason for the change of heart, is that one year ago, said bf who then lived in Israel, visited at this particular time, so we had only a few days together, one of them coincidentally being Feb 14, so we did the dinner thing, and the romance thing. Now we live together but it's part of our personal history so we're doing it for that reason. I don't know if that redeems me to the cool gods or not, but it's my excuse.

I'm not sure this counts as equiv to rainbows and sparkly ponies. I get the feeling I'm still on a negative kick. Oh well. Deal.

No comments: