3.30.2007

I know which bit I want.

Chocolate Jesus.. mmm.

A New York gallery has angered a US Catholic group with its decision to exhibit a milk chocolate sculpture of Jesus Christ.

The six-foot (1.8m) sculpture, entitled "My Sweet Lord", depicts Jesus
Christ naked on the cross.

I thought Catholics were into eating Jesus?
Catholic League head Bill Donohue called it "one of the worst assaults on Christian sensibilities ever".
You're being a bit dramatic there aren't you? Ever is a long time.. they used to throw you in the Collosseum with lions remember. I fail to see how this compares.
The Catholic League, which describes itself as the nation's largest
Catholic civil rights organisation, also criticised the timing of the
exhibition. "The fact that they chose Holy Week shows this is calculated,
and the timing is deliberate," Mr Donohue said.
Well, you know, Easter/eating body of Christ, it works. How would you have liked it if they just had a giant bunny on "Holy Week" huh? I bet you'd be complaining about that too.
Mr Cavallaro, the Canadian-born artist, is known for using food ingredients in his art, .... he used 200 pounds (90 kg) of chocolate to make the sculpture which, unusually, depicts Jesus without a loincloth.
He he. Nude chocolate Jesus.

4 comments:

Ronald said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ronald said...

Good commentary on a silly Catholic reaction to a novel piece of art. You'e a sharp and amusing girl.

Michelle said...

Ta... I try my best.

Kittie said...

ooohhhh where do I start??

brings a whole new meaning to "sweet Jesus!"

That's the only way I would want Jesus inside me...eating his chocolaty goodness.

I could go on...

This has caused such a commotion the display was shut down, last I heard



I wonder how big Jesus' cock was on this thing...they never show that part on the news!!!