3.14.2007

Might as well do this again...

Seeing as it's Wednesday. Today I'm presented with this:

1 Corinth 2:4... "And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of
man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 2:5 That your
faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God."
1) Logic, reason, science, empathy and anything else that requires you to use what you've learnt and experienced to decide for yourself what opinion you'll take on any subject.. are utter rubbish. The only thing you need to know to decide what path to take can be summed up as "wot god says".

2) Well you see my speech was incredibly clever, even though it sounded like utter rubbish because though it was in a way utter rubbish, and didn't make any points that made sense, I am a believer. And because I am a believer, and because I have faith, which is right and good, everything I say is right and good, and terribly clever. Even when it's utter rubbish.

3) Those magic tricks did so work, you just weren't quick enough to catch them. You have to believe in it to see it, and you never believed I could do magic so you never saw it. Too bad, it was really really good.

For those that are new to this, you can either come up with another translation for this verse, translate another verse, or just completely ignore this post... see if I care.

6 comments:

Ronald said...

Well, I think the truth is, people rarely operate according to 'enticing words of mens wisdom'. If we did, why would we smoke? or drink? Or get into debt? Ad men and women know this and in a sense, they too demonstrate the Spirit and power; but in their case they use sex, promises of 'coolness', and everlasting youth to win us over. Maybe in this case he whipped his knob out and bared his chest. Well, it might win the women over at least.

Michelle said...

It might work with a lot of women, and a few men, but he'd have to be good looking with a ripping body and a erm.. nice thingy..

Though it's been demonstrated over the years that promises of magic sky bunnies giving you everlasting candy, or threats of being smacked repeatedly for ever and ever if you're naughty seem to work pretty well.. so people keep doing it.

Michelle said...

Hey, I think I just invented a new religion! Perfect for Easter too..

Ronald said...

Awww, Michelle. I love it when big, grown-up girlies like yourself say 'thingy'. It's so cute. It makes me want to tousle your hair and give you a hug.

Anonymous said...

I love the blog that you have. I was wondering if you would link my blog to yours and in return I would do the same for your blog. If you want to, my site name is American Legends and the URL is:

www.americanlegends.info

If you want to do this just go to my blog and in one of the comments just write your blog name and the URL and I will add it to my site.

Thanks,
David

Denny Shane said...

I'll get back to ya! ;)