4.01.2007

First they came for my bananas, now they want my peanut butter. What next?

Peanut butter is the atheist's nightmare. It claims this title due to disproving evolution. Some of you may remember that bananas already did this months ago, but us atheists (or spiritual but nevertheless evolution believers) are stubborn old cranks. We require ample evidence before we can be convinced to forgo our cherishly held dogmatic beliefs, and so the creationists keep trying.



According to the video, evolution teachers that energy plus matter can create new life. This means, that by now life would have sprung out of something random like say, peanut butter, by now. And it hasn't, so there.

I have to say it's a pretty convincing argument. I have never in my life opened a jar of peanut butter and found in it a previously undiscovered fishlike animal which for the purposes of this exercise I'll call a "flurf". And though I really don't eat peanut butter too often, no one I've ever met, or ever heard of has ever come across a flurf, or anything else, in their peanut butter. You'd think that's something that we'd definitely hear about, if it happened.

The conclusion is: No one ever found a flurf in their peanut butter = Evolution is a lie.

4 comments:

Ronald said...

If you've ever eaten, seen or smelt Peanut Butter you'll realise why flurf doesn't spontaeously occur within it... fucking yukkk! The reason is, new life has standards. The chances of it bursting into being are more likely in quality wine, a British Real Ale, or a curry. In fact, I'm sure I've eaten Indian food that's teeming with the stuff; at least... that's what it feels like afterwards.

Seriously, someone had better tell this guy that new life only has probability over super-duper, smega-mega periods of time; not the hundred years or so that Peanut butter has been in existence.

If I wasn't such a refined sort of bloke I'd feature a 'Cunt of the week' spot in my blog. This guy would be a prime candidate for it's launch.

Michelle said...

You know, I'll make a wild guess and say that this guy has had his ideas refuted at least once by someone who knows a bit more about sciency type stuff than him, but chose to remain blissfully ignorant. There are plenty more people out there making arguments like this to agree with him.

I do like your idea for a (insert unflattering adjective here) of the week. I'm sure you can do it in a very refined, gentlemanly sort of way if that's your wish..

Ronald said...

I reckon in most cases, those putting these arguments forward aren't sincere; they know damn well their logic is laughable; what they're doing is consolidating their position; they invariably have a vested interest in being an "authority" figure, and their power base comes from the weak, the unducated, and the plain simple. It's purely political.

Hmmm... maybe I'll go for "cunt of the week". It's such a powerful word, don't you think?

Kittie said...

what a fucking idiot. I'm sure he you won't hear a speech on how the fuck we are discovering new species of animals and plants every day...but then I suppose even if we did they would find a way to twist it around to make it a miracle by "God" instead of nature adapting to its environment