2.01.2006

A Room of One's Own

It even has a view. I'm not sure exactly what of, I haven't seen it in the daylight yet.

So today is my official move in day. I will be sleeping there tonight. In a nice little room, in a pleasant flat on the fourth floor in a building just down the hill.

It's quite a small room, but big enough for me. It has everything, a bed, a wardrobe with plenty of space, and a little desk which hopefully shall house my own computer before too long.

The bedding and decor is a little tacky, but I shall be bringing my own. I'll be putting my own mark on the room, probably printed out nudes and abstract art on the walls, which by the way are extremely climbable, so maybe I'll me meeting Jesus there.

There are a lot of pubs nearby, which I would count as a positive thing. It's high up and at the back of the building so it should be quiet. I look over a kind of courtyard, that's what it looks like in the dark anyway.

I'm sharing with a man, youngish, seems pleasant. Actually I know nothing about him, but I'm pretty sure he isn't a psycopath. He seems so nice.

And I shall bring my cats. They should liven up the place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There’s a world where I can go and tell my secrets to
In my room, in my room
In this world I lock out all my worries and my fears
In my room, in my room

Do my dreaming and my scheming
Lie awake and pray
Do my crying and my sighing
Laugh at yesterday

Now it’s dark and I’m alone
But I won’t be afraid
In my room, in my room
In my room, in my room
In my room, in my room

(Beach Boys)

Monty

Anonymous said...

So your own room.
I think my room might be smaller then your room. I have a double bed, sat TV though the range of channels is somewhat limited with plenty of useful Arabic channels. I do however have a laptop with a great speedy connection. I share a bathroom but at least it has a shower and not a Czech style bathtub. It's more like a two or three star hotel room, with washing and cleaning taken care of. No cooking facilities either but that's what the diner is for.