2.20.2006

Rest of the world? Isn't that near Abroad?

Do these people really exist?

Teen guy #1: Well, I'm French.
Teen girl: I'm German.
Teen guy #2: Well, I'm from Spain so I guess we're all from Europe.
Teen guy #1: Spain isn't in Europe.
Teen girl: Dude, yes it is. Europe is like its own continent.
Teen guy #1: I was talking about Europe the country, not that little
island with England on it.

--McDonalds, St. Marks & 3rd

There are some people who occasionally like to travel though,
Woman #1: So I decided to celebrate turning 50 by traveling to Tibet.
Woman #2: Tibet? Where's that? London?
Woman #1: ...No, it's near China and Russia.
Woman #2: Oh. It's not like I don't like to travel but I went to Mexico once and it was stupid.

--4 train

Yeah, everyone wears those silly hats don't they?

All these wonderful tales and more, at Overheard in New York.

1 comment:

Ronald said...

I can't possibly top that so I won't say anything other than, only in America, eh?

I see what you mean about your profile change. Cool.