2.07.2006

And now for something completely uninteresting

I went to a rehearsal today. At least I think that's what it was. It's for an exhibition, if that makes sense.

A guy I know from doing improv theatre last year is involved in an art exhibition that's on this Friday, and they want to have a kind of multi-arts presentation for it.

I'm presenting paintings, which means I walk around the room with one, showing it to everyone in a rather cheesy manner, and then hang it, there's a few of us doing it. We went through it once, as a hyperactive child ran around the room, and didn't seem to get it right, but I reckon it's a relatively simple thing to do, I should be ok.

I'm slightly worried about the hanging the painting bit though. It sounds stupid but doing actual tasks that involve things in front of people can be tricky, it always seems like it's taking longer than it really is, and I'll probably try to hurry it up which means I'll fumble it up.

I didn't really like the paintings, not that they aren't any good, I wouldn't know anyway, it's just my personal taste.

Other than that there is going to be dancing, songs and poetry. It all sounds kind of boring really, but I don't think it will take too long, so the exhibition and entertainment part should be over with soon, and I can get to the chatting and drinking with people part, which might be fun.

I'm doing it mostly for something to do, to hang out with people, and to keep in touch with theatre types so that one of these days I might actually be in something that's any good. It hasn't worked out so far but I have hopes for this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It'll do you good to get out, you're obviously spending too much time in front of your computer. By my calculation you haven't done much since your snow-dancing accident. I'm assuming of course you've blogged about all of your social excursions.

Picture hanging sounds fine. Certainly better than paper-hanging, which is messy, involving sperm-like paste that gets everywhere. And in my experience, there's little chatting and drinking afterwards, only, "you haven't covered that small bit in the corner", or "it's bubbling up, it wont dry out you know", ad nauseum.

It sounds like a nice change, and I'm sure, with your elegance and poise, you'll 'look a picture' yourself. Enjoy it.

Monty