8.17.2010

For about the 600th time.

There's someone here fixing the water heater. Altogether that is, not just for this place.. it's only about the 26th time for this place.

It's taking fucking ages and he keeps calling me in to ask for something or whatever.. I just want it done. Done meaning working much like it did before, not very well at all, warming up to luke warm, or turning the heater on whenever the hot water is running, or not working for 3 or 4 hours as we fiddle around in it, or exploding all over our kitchen. I dunno. Maybe it'll fix those things, for a while, but the whole hot water stopping after a couple of minutes and taking a minute or 2 to heat up again, and after a few times, sometimes after a few minutes stopping altogether and having the red button lighten up... which stops if you press it.. making the water heat up again but only after a few minutes... that won't be fixed.. I'm pretty sure.

Of course if he wants the money from me, I don't have any on me.. so he'll stare at me for a minute expecting me to magic it up if he does it for long enough. I hate it when they do that.

And he had to come while Cooley was having her lunch.. I mean when they say between 2 and 4 they usually come at like 4:30.. how was I suppose to know he'd come at 2:00?

*sits here listening to clanging*

6 comments:

Ronald said...

I hate it when it takes, "fucking ages" as opposed to a "long time". I also like what I call your relaxed, couldn't give a shit, punctuated with bursts of exasperation, style of writing. Fanks.

Michelle said...

Yeah.. well, when you're in the midst of it. Just waiting to sign the whatsit now...

back in a sec..

Ronald said...

I've a migraine, third in 24 hours. I'm looking for sympathy. An awwww might do it :-)

Sad or what?

Michelle said...

awwww...

well I'm still sitting here waiting to sign that receipt... he's taking his time filling it in...

*waits*

at least he's not asking me for money..

oh and what was that? oh yeah.. aw... poor you.. *pats Don on head*

Michelle said...

Ok so the verdict is, hot water works... like it was before, that is it runs, but with side effects...

like I said.. much like it was before.. you know.. when we had reason to call them up to fix it..

anyway.. fucking cheapass landlords don't want to pay to fix it properly or get a new one.. so this is how it is.

Michelle said...

I might be feeling like a drink some time not too distantly in the future..

*thinks about it*