8.28.2010

Well I tried it.

And it didn't work. What I need to do is transfer some filmed footage from a tape to the computer. I looked it up, found out you can do that with Windows Movie Maker 2, I tried to download that, kept being taken to another page and couldn't find a download for the actual program, then I realized it's the version I already had.

I wiped the egg off my face and carried on. Well this is after trying it in the version I had, and it not working and the battery dying almost immediately after I did, so I charged it and tried it again after all the previously mentioned stuff.. knowing that it's the right version and it still didn't work so I don't know.. I need another connection cord or something, this one fits the camera but isn't the one the cam came with, don't know where that is, if it's even in this flat, but you'd think if the knobs fit in the bits then that means it's compatible.. apparently not. Either that or there's some other problem.

So that stuff is still stuck there until such time as I figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do with it. And I've got a sore throat, I hate having a sore throat. Grrr.

5 comments:

Ronald said...

Damn! This computer business can be quite a pain, can't it? Have to say (although I know this is no comfort or help) it's par for the course. Nothing is ever straight forward. I'm admiring you for your restraint though, giving out only a "grrr", if it had been me the bottom line is always, "fucking bastard arseholing..." kind of frustration. Hope your sore throat is just a sore throat. Hugs.

Michelle said...

Well.. I was saying that sort of thing, and more, I left it at a grr for the post because I'd already said enough.. I think, but IRL I've been cursin my ass off, quite frankly.

Well maybe not really, but a fuck or two may have escaped me, not that that is unusual for me.

Yeah.. the throat is a little less sore but I'm getting more sniffly.. so I think tomorrow might be more of a sneezing and blowing nose sort of day, another thing I don't like very much at all.

Michelle said...

Oh and I like the little bat... very cute :)

Ronald said...

Sorry to hear the throat seems to be developing into something more. I hate that kind of thing too, though it would be a bit strange to welcome it, wouldn't it? Anyway, thanks for the compliment on my little bat, but it's not the one I used to own, I just tried MSN images instead of Google.

By the way, you're probably all fretting and going frantic-like, wondering when I'm going to post next, well... I'm not sure. I'm having one of my 'blocks' again. I was considering whether to set up my blogger to automatically fire off, via email, the posts to my "readership" (snigger). But if that spoils the whole "has he, hasn't he?" experience, then I wont. S'up to you.

Hope you've got the Vic menthol vapour rub ready to hand.

Michelle said...

well.. I'm happy for you to post when it's good and right for you.. I do so enjoy seeing a new one but when they come, they are worth it.

kay enough grovelling :) I have some throat lozenge things which give me momentary relief.. it's not really all that bad, I just feel kinda.. blah.. don't feel like doing much.. that sort of thing. I expect it won't last too long. Hopefully.