4.28.2010

Swashbuckling and singing in the rather pleasant weather..

So. Did a bit more with this tv show thingy I'm sorta involved in. This was an acting gig this time. Well.. sorta. I met them at 15:30 at Narodni Divadlo ok so I didn't, I waited and waited and no one was there and I was thinking "they can't all be late" and so I called the guy and he said oh we're held up. Turns out they were all getting into costume somewhere else and were on their way so whatever.. obviously no costume for me then. No fair!

Anway they show up and the word "extra" is mentioned in relation to me which I didn't like so much but we did what we did, first of all sang around with umbrellas and did a bit of a dance routine.. did a lot of getting in each other's way but I guess it didn't have to look too polished so it was ok. Oh and then we spun around with umbrellas. This got us dizzy.

Went down to the river where it was very crowded and shot a bit more, this time a pirate came up and threatened us. It was silly, and quite fun. After that we went to the island to which we'd been vanquished by the pirate and did some more silly stuff. Superman showed up this time as well as some ambiguously weird guy in a mask and a hat that kept falling off.

Overall it was cool.. I try to keep myself from grumbling that I wasn't completely fully part of the cast.. (I didn't get a costume.. no fair) but I do anyway, you know me, grumbling is what I do.

Afterwards we went to a cafe (I was hoping it'd be some cheap pub) and was going to have a drink and then I realized I didn't have enough on me to get anything on the menu so I was hoping the waiter would just go off and leave us for a bit so I could slip out.. but he stayed there discussing something with the others so I sat there extremely awkwardly. Finally he left without asking me again what I wanted so I could slip out quietly. Bloody ell.. can't even go to a simple drinks with cast afterwards without making a fool of myself.. why doesn't anyone go to cheap pubs anymore? What the fuck is going on with the world? Seriously.. this needs to be looked into.

And that's about it.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

kay...

Ronald said...

Pirates and Superman... Wow!!!

Joke: why are pirates called "pirates"?...


Because they arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! [spoken in the style of Long John Silver]

Michelle said...

guffaw..

good to see you back :)