4.22.2009

.. and I am to have tumbling locks of cascading golden curls..

Seriously, I am.

In the movie I'm doing. The director is very particular about what he wants re the look of his characters. It's a bit different from the others I've been in which were with directors doing the one month summer course, it was all much more haphazard, this guy is doing the year course and by any comparison I'm in a position to give, he is downright professional. We're having rehearsals and discussing character, and no doubt he's having serious conversations with his technical staff (other students in his class) about stuff.

It's early days yet, something that didn't exist in any other film I did, seeing as it was mostly about a week from the casting to the one day of shooting, and we're still finding our characters and the feel of the script or however the real thespians call it, so I get to feel all lofty and stuff. It's satisfying :).

So he asked me if I'm ok with him changing the colour of my hair, and I said it depends what.. he laughed and assured me it wouldn't be purple or anything, which strangely enough I wouldn't mind so much, but he wants it "gold". That's not so far from whatever colour my hair is, so a bit of mild bleaching colouring should do it. I hope. And I'm hoping the curling, the other thing he wants will be a temporary thing. I don't know if they even still do "perms" these days but no one who does is getting there hands on my mop. There's such a thing as too far.

And I'm being a ghost in another film. I get to wear a really cool old fashioned black frock in that one, which pleases me tremendously.

7 comments:

Ronald said...

The Director talks about "stuff". Blimey, this is serious. "Stuff", is probably the most important topic of conversation in the known Universe, and probably in the unknown bit too, but that's just speculation. As for the golden hair, that's cool, just as long as he doesn't get you to dress in a short gingham frock, brandish a lollip, affect a lithp, and invite you to his "casting couch". Seriously, good luck.

Michelle said...

Oh yes, I feel incredibly priveleged to be privy to these "stuff" conversations, all the films I've worked on before I was just expected to show up and be in the spot they wanted and say whatever lines they had, usually not many.. but this.. I'm being treated as if he expects me to know what I'm doing :Z.. ok now I'm nervous.

Ronald said...

"knowing what you're doing"? Wow! Is that fair? I mean, I've always assumed nobody knows that much.

Michelle said...

Yes, I think you're right... that would mean that this "director" dude is just faking it.. in which case so can I, I can manage at least that :)

Ronald said...

Fake it girl, fake it! Yes, yes, YES!

Michelle said...

*rolls eyes*

Ronald said...

It's banter, don't get excited.