7.21.2006

I'm trying, I'm trying.

I went out again yesterday with the purpose of taking photos of some of the lovelier views of Prague. I wanted to get the perfect shot, with the perfect light at the perfect time of evening of that view of Prague Castle of the Vltava and surroundings.

The other evening I took a bunch of photos around the area that came out too dark, so I went out earlier. And I was too early. For about an hour and a half the sun hovered stubbornly at a spot directly between just above the Castle and the Charles Bridge. No matter where I walked along the riverside it was still there. And no matter which bench I sat down to wait for it to move to a more favorable position, it shone directly into my eyes.

I took photos of the less enticing view facing the other way down the river, the street, random buildings, ducks, pigeons and my feet while I was waiting. When the sun finally went down enough to make a halfway decent photo, I took a couple and then walked across the Charles Bridge and back, taking photos of the bridge, the Castle from the Bridge, the view from the other side, Jesus, and some musicians.

I went back to my sacred spot and finally, everything was in the right place. I took one photo, and my batteries went dead.

That one photo turned out kind of ok. I came back and downloaded all of them, most were utter crap and a couple were sort of reasonable. I wasted so much juice on so many pointless photos I had to make do with my one lousy shot of the perfect time, which was, if I remember exactly 21:09. Actually I don't remember I'm making it up, but it was around then.

In other photo related news, I am nowofficiallyy the world's most interesting Michelle. Or,to be more accurate, I have the most interesting photo tagged with the word Michelle on Flickr, according to their definition of interesting, that is. Which isn't like interesting in the real world,
it's more like something very confusing that no one really understands, but it doesn't matter, I'm it. Thanks to my tireless self promotion and of course, being exceptionally interesting.

I have another casting tomorrow. It's an open casting, for a film, about something, and they need actors, of some sort. No idea how many people they need, or how many people will show up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If Denny beat me to your Flicker site there must be something to it. As in when a couple who has never met leaves the party quietly. I'll be right over!