7.06.2006

If it's not one thing!

Three days! That's longer than I've gone without posting for a long time. I can assure you that there is nothing wrong with me, physically or mentally, other than the usual. It has been a nice summer week, complete with a holiday in the middle, and I've been enjoying myself, but that's not the reason.

The reason is one of technology, yet again. This time because I had to replace my version of Windows. I couldn't just install it over the previous version, I had to clean everything off the computer. I couldn't do it, a friend came and did it. Anyway, he couldn't do it right away, he had to take the hard drive to his place and do something with it. Then he installed the new Windows on the hard drive on his computer. When we brought the hard drive home, nothing would work. The next day he came over again, with the Windows cd and did it all over again on our computer. At first it wouldn't work, new obstacles kept coming up every time the process progressed a little. Finally it worked and the computer came on with the new, clean version of Windows on it.

Then I had to reconnect the internet. I'm not going to go into detail but I hadn't bothered to copy down some numbers that I needed to get it work again, knowing that it was on a certain piece of paper that I was sure was somewhere. Well the piece of paper was nowhere, there were plenty of other pieces of paper that didn't have this particular bits of information, all except for the one I needed. I looked and I looked and I just couldn't find it. I finally had to ring up the service provider and get it from them, but the first time I rang up their computers were down and they couldn't get the information from me.

Later on I called again and got the information I needed, and we were finally able to connect to the internet, but all I had time to do was read some emails and then I was off again, for an evening of summer fun.

Yesterday I was busy, catching up on "work" stuff, which meant I wasn't able to catch up on the stuff that's really important. I have most of my stuff on the computer again, there are a few bits and pieces I need to reinstall, but that will be done when it needs to be, the problem is that the computer is acting weird now, it keeps freezing up and I have no idea why. I need to find a solution because I've been online for a day and a half and it's already driving me crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My advice is to buy a mac.