12.31.2006

It's almost over..

Well we're almost done with this year, but there's just going to be another one to replace it so no change really. It is however, a time to make a list of stuff you would like to do, but most likely won't, (resolutions to use the parlance of our times), and being a traditional sort of being, but not a very ambitious one, I'm going to make a list of things I will probably almost certainly do anyway.

*Drink a lot, with the occasional break of a few days to a week which will come after suffering a god awful hangover when I swear to never drink again.
*Not get around to getting a job, in all honesty I really don't want to.
*Not get around to getting that computer, partly because of #2, and partly other things that make it slightly difficult.
*Keep waiting for that guy to come back from America, whenever the hell that may be.
*Stay in Prague and never go anywhere.
*Take plenty of photos, without improving my skill or ever having a new idea.
*Keep blogging," ...................................................................................... ".
*Make a few sandwiches.
*Buy some winter boots.

I'm not that sure about the last one, I might not get around to it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a good list. I especially like the sandwich one. Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

Yeah the sandwich one is a good one isn't it? And guess what? I've already done it, beat that!

Happy New Year to you too.

Anonymous said...

You hit the nail on the head there, when you mentioned a new year replacing the old one. It's a bit dull really, isn't it? Just once, wouldn't it be cool if something different happened? Okay, we have to accept a year of some kind, but maybe it could be fixed so there's a 'random' button we could press, which would give us a year from history? How cool would that be? We could perhaps end up with 1963 again - I'd be off to Dallas Texas to visit that grassy knoll to find out once and for all, if shots were fired from there when Kennedy was assassinated. Or maybe we'd get the beginning of the Universe year.. then we'd get to see if there really was a big bang. It's a thought.

You've done the sandwiches already? Steady on, you need to spread your resolutions over the year, otherwise you'll end up with nothing to do for most of the year.

Happy boring and by and large, predictable New Year!

Michelle said...

Interesting idea Don. I'd just like it to be 1983 so I can wear some of the clothes I have and actually be fashionable. Or some random year. I'd like to avoid the middle ages though, too much likelihood of dying in horrible ways. When you think what they'd think of the sudden appearance of a female person in weird clothes speaking a language that pretty much hadn't been invented yet... I don't want to think about it.

Anonymous said...

You could be patient, on the basis that all fashions repeat themselves. I'm hanging on to my flares.

The middle ages - arrrrgh! They'd have you on the fucking ducking stool before you could say 'bubonic plague'. Maybe it would be best if we could choose the year then. Mind you, if I could be a Witchfinder, maybe it wouldn't be so bad. There would be certain perks...