12.25.2006

Thank you Santa!

Well, I've just had a fucking wonderful couple of fucking days! The xmas cheer has been evading me for a while.

The first thing that put a damper on the holiday season was my computer. I usually am very fond of my computer, and that's exactly the problem, it's not that I'm just fond of it, I'm attached to it in such a way that it fulfills a great need in me. When it's working anyway. And that was it, it wouldn't turn on. I tried and tried and it wouldn't start.

So I went out, I thought I'd go and get some photos of the centre in all it's xmas glory. And by the time I got back the computer would magically start. I took photos of trees, horses, and people, people, people. I didn't really want photos of people, they were just there, lots and lots of them.

I came back. And it still didn't work. I tried everything, that is tried to turn it off and turn it on again, and I banged it a few times but it wouldn't turn on. So I went to an internet cafe to get a small fix of my internet addiction, check and see if anything was going on, if anyone was emailing me etc. Afterwards I came back again and this time I unhooked everything and cleaned around it all and put everything back together and it still didn't work. I kind of figured out the monitor was the problem, which I couldn't fix so I just went home, but on the way I picked up a bottle of red wine.

I had tolerably pleasant evening at home, watching television and drinking wine. I was unhappy with the computer situation but I figured we'd fix it soon enough. Everything was fine until sometime in the morning I woke up feeling unbelievably awful, and had to run to the toilet to puke my guts out. All red wine and my dinner... quite a wonderful sight.

I continued feeling awful all through the night and the rest of the day. I lied in bed and tried to sleep, and had to get up and go to the bathroom again and again. All day I felt too awful to get up and do anything. It was 10pm until I could drink water and keep it down. I managed to eat a little bit of bread before going to bed again and actually sleeping.

So today I woke up, still feeling a little weak but not sick anymore and got a phone call that the guy who lives upstairs leant us a monitor that he has spare. It's an old fashioned bulky one but it makes my computer work. I was able to put my photos on the computer and go online. He also was forward thinking enough to buy a turkey and stuff, so we get to have a nice Christmas dinner.

I'm able to spend my Christmas day doing what I like best, in fact what I do most days and that is spend all day on the internet, chatting, blogging, uploading photos. So thank you Santa, for making my Christmas a little less sucky as it could have been.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor girl....I am glad you feel better. Bad food?

Anonymous said...

There's something else we have in common: I'm inordinately attached to my computer too. If it were possible, I'd have my laptop grafted to my middle so's it would always be within easy reach. But I figured it might make pissing difficult. Grasping the old blighter would present no problem but aiming would be hit and miss. God knows, us poor blokes have enough trouble directing it under normal circumstances! Anyway, I know how it feels to be deprived of life's most precious tool. You have my sympathy.

Aww, you poor thing. How awful it is to be sick. And have you noticed how it often coincides with drinking? The frequency of this happening is uncanny. A relative of mine once had the most awful bout of sickness. It was at a wedding reception and the unfortunate fellow (who'd been minding his own business drinking a bottle of vodka) suddenly became so ill he fell over a table knocking drinks and food everywhere. It was mayhem. Adding insult to injury he vomited up the walls, over carpets, and, more than a few people. I've never seen a man so ill; but I have to say, it was the finest display of projectile-vomiting I've ever witnessed. Anyway, as the hapless victim said afterwards, "don't mix drinking with food. It only takes one small slightly off sausage roll to upset your system!

Seriously, I'm glad you're over the sickness. You'd think though, wouldn't you, that God would take time out to ensure we all had a jolly good time on such important occasions wouldn't you?