12.04.2006

Quit asking me already!

Those of you out there who use Blogger, probably know that they recently merged with Google. Some of you are probably already using the fabulous new version with all the new features with your combined Blogger/Google accounts. Call it Bloogle. Or Gogger, whichever you prefer.

I'm afraid I'm missing out on all the wonderful new features, in fact, I don't even know what it's all about. I have declined to update to the new system, each and every time I've been asked, which is each and every time I log into Blogger.

Now, I'm sure it's wonderful, but at this moment it just doesn't suit me. You see, I don't have my own computer! I may have mentioned this before, but I share this computer. The other person who uses this computer has a gmail account, which is also our business email, which is used a lot, so we keep it signed in the computer all the time, making his google account the default one on this computer.

I like to keep signed in to Blogger, as I use it a lot, for posting as well as commenting, and I like to be able to edit at a moment's notice if I see anything amiss. If I were to update, then I would have to sign into my account with Blogger every time I want to use it. Then I would have to sign into the previously mentioned gmail account every time I, or the other person who uses the computer uses it. Then I would have to sign out of that, and sign into Blogger again when I want to use it. Then I would have to sign out of Blogger, and sign into gmail again, when I want to use that account.... see, not really much in it for me, is there?

So everytime they ask me if I want to switch versions, I say "no, take me to my dashboard!" Enough already! I'll do it when I'm good and ready, and until that time I want to be left the fuck alone!!!

But that's not all. For some reason when I leave comments on Blogger blogs, even though I stay permanently signed in, sometimes the name which comes up in the comment form is that of the holder of the other gmail account. But of course it's not consistent, no that would make it too simple, sometimes it's my name, and sometimes it's his. The first time this happened I left a comment, and didn't realize until afterwards that it was under his name. Of course the comment I'd left on someone else's blog one minute earlier, without quickly signing in and out of my account and signing into gmail to look at emails and back again, was under my name.

So please Blogger, let us decide for ourselves whether we want to fucking merge or not! Okay?

p.s Does no one but me think it strange that Blogger's spellchecker doesn't recognize the words "blogger" or "blog"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This dumb as shit way to get you to "upgrade" happens all the time. Act as if they're doing you a huge favour but endlessly harrassing you to take them up on their kind offer. I wish people would stop this crap.

Also, yes, I agree. Blog spell checkers not recognising the word blog is a delightful irony.

Anonymous said...

You poor thing. This is an outrage. A person such as you, born to be much feted and adored (I feel strongly you were Royal in another life) should not have to put up with such invconvenience. I blame God. He's made such a fucking mess of the "order of things". This wouldn't happen if Stan (also know as Satan) took the top job.