12.29.2006

Beeeerr...

Well. I gave in, and got a wee bit tipsy again last night, after telling myself after my last experience with any alcohol at all that I probably wouldn't touch a drop until well after the new year, but last night I went to a nearby pub for dinner, hung with the people there, had a few beers, came back here and had a few more drinks and stayed up all night.

I was pretty tired still when I dragged my ass out of bed this afternoon but I wasn't in the least bit sick. I guess that's a good thing. I can afterall survive a few innocent drinks of a night, sometimes anyway.

I still have not much desire to do anything on New Year's. I really don't want to hang out with the same old gang again, and there's really no one else so I'm quite happy to sit at home and watch telly. Cheesey New Year's variety shows! Yay! And I thought I probably wouldn't even drink anything but I might get a few beers for the night. If I do anything it will be to go out at midnight, either to the fountain, or Namesti Miru to get some photos of all the crazy people and the fireworks they're setting off. Probably not the most clever time to be out but if I want those photos that's when I have to go. Who knows, maybe I'll be too lazy to even bother.

Of course, writing this almost certainly guarantees that I'll end up at some bar or party drinking beer, all the obligatory shots and an awful glass of champagne at midnight, that I'll stay out until morning, and have a raging fucking hangover all the next day, which I'll possibly still have by the time anyone bothers to go back to work...

..and having written that, I suppose that won't happen either. Instead I'll be here having some drinks and watching videos. But now I've written that so I can't do that either. Or I could...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As it is written, so let it be done.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year......have a drink for me and face towards the west and scream happy new year to your friends this direction!

Anonymous said...

You've made such an effort with my recent posts I felt guilty and thought I'd better go and say something on here - I'm not bored you know!

It seems your final prediction in this post is the correct one. Are we witnessing the birth of a new, responsible, Michelle?

Anonymous said...

At soon will be next New Year. Waiting for you`r new adventure. Think that it will be interesting