11.01.2006

Now all I need is the cats.

I've come one step closer to realizing my dream. Yesterday I moved. Into my own flat this time. Finally after years of sharing I have my own place.

Actually though, right now I'm sharing it with someone for a short while. This is because the time I needed to move out of my other flat coincided (closely enough) with the time a certain person I know is leaving town.

And that will bring me yet closer still to my ultimate ambition of being a mad old spinster. For when he leaves on that jet plane, never to return*, I will be truly alone, with no one to love, or care about, or talk mindless nonsense with (someone cue the violins here please).

At least I'll have my own place, and now I can finally get some cats, and really, who need a man when you've got a kitten to cuddle:).

And of course it opens up more possibilities for better self portraits in exciting new environments. Oh yeah, I'm gonna have a whale of a time, (sigh).

*with vague ideas to maybe come back one of these days, but I'm not holding my breath here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a great eye for phototgraphy! I visited flickr and saw your work! Truely awesome! I also like the bit about being a mad drunk!

Nick said...

You can always talk mindless nonsense to yourself - I find that way it's with someone who vaguely understands what you're talking about.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've finally got your own space. It's good to realise our ambitions and you seem to have done really well in a short space of time. What with getting this flat, and being mad already, all you have to do now is survive, and the 'old' part will come effortlessly.

Anonymous said...

I was kidding you know. Sometimes I feel you take me too seriously. You know I love you really.

Michelle said...

I talk plenty of mindless nonsense to myself Nick, it was just nice to have someone else to blather on with, oh well.

Don't worry Don, I probably won't get too much madder than I am, not too far to go really... but I still think I need the cats.

Anonymous said...

A prophecy: you seem to have the kind of bone structure that ages well, and if you don't put on too much weight, you'll probably be hated by other women, and lusted after by men until well into your 50's and probably beyond. So effectively, you'll have staved off the aeging process.

Anonymous said...

Get a giant orange cat..they are good luck!

Pavel said...

Michelle, what kind of mutant cat you are if you don't have your own cat? You should definitely have one... or two... :-)

My ex-girlfriend is taking care of two cats now until she finds someone, who would like to have them. These aren’t older than one year. Interested?

I don't want to scare you, but being alone in apartment is something that can make people crazy. At present I have just one room here in Prague for me and share the rest of the apartment and still, sometimes I feel lonely.

Well, does it mean that there will be no more shots from Vinohrady once you move? Hope you understand my englishhh.

Pavel said...

Actually, this is one of these cats.