11.02.2006

Such a lovely time of year....

It's been such a beautiful autumn. Very mild, almost like spring but with all the beautiful bright colours that the falling leaves give us. Ah, so lovely.

Until today. Actually until about a week ago. One day it cooled down a little. Then it got a little colder. Then it got colder still, and this morning when I went out it was fucking freezing!!!! My bloody ears nearly broke off!!

Ok, I'm slightly exaggerating, but this presents a dilemma. I have the feeling I'm going to need to wear my woolly hat very soon. But it's only November! I can't wear a fucking beanie in early November, I'll look like a fucking dork! If only other people would already wear them, but they won't, because it's fucking early November and they don't want to look like a dork. They'll wait until everyone else starts wearing them and then....

See what I mean? Life is so hard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posts are like the buses over here. You don't see one for ages then three of the fuckers come along at once!

The autumn has been the same here. Now it's soooo c.. c.. c.. cold! And I have a similar problem - whether or not to wear my big winter coat along with the knitted woolen mittens strung together with elastic through the sleeves, so I don't lose them. My mom knitted them for me. How stupid will I look if I wear them too early?

Michelle said...

Well, it depends on whether anyone else is wearing their's...

Nick said...

But if you're the first one to wear one, doesn't that make you the trendsetter that everyone else is just imitating? Or would that role involve far too much responsibility? And possibly the need to stop wearing the hat in January, just so you could be the first to do that too. Dying for art is one thing, but freezing for fashion?

Anonymous said...

Nicks right, you're the trendsetter Michelle. Locals will go "My, look at that daring and elegant Aussie expat - she is pointing the way for us weak and insecure types. Let us make her our idol!"

Or something like that.

Anonymous said...

I love the winter and all the clothes that I get to hide in...Where the beanie and be proud!