11.14.2006

Adventures of a scatterbrain during the filming of a very unprofessional movie.

We filmed another scene for My Friend Ted today.

Well.

I was to meet them at 13:00. I was pretty much on time when I left, of course I didn't take my phone, I just left it behind, I was too busy focusing on other things, like fetching the jaunty cap I had got it into my head that I wanted to wear in the film. So I went home to fetch it before setting out again.

We were meeting at Malostranska, at the tram stop, that I was absolutely, er kind of thought it was. Was it the tram stop or the metro stop? Was it Malostranska or Staromestska. It was definitely one of them. I was certain.

So I looked around, hoping I'd sight my fellow film makers, one of them would be carrying a camera and a big fuckoff tripod so I should be able to see him. I was on time, or about 5 minutes late so they should be there. I didn't see any of them, not at the tram stop, not at either side of the metro station or inside the metro station. By then I was seriously starting to think they'd said Staromestska, it was definitely one of the 2....

I began to have serious misgivings that I was in the right place. Staromestska/Malostranska? For some reason I always mix those 2 up. I didn't really want to ring William (the occupant of this flat, the place I left my phone) to get the phone number of the director because I'd have to fiddle around with change for the payphone, explain to him how my phone works and it would all end in tears. I was sure of it! So I just waited a bit and hoped they'd show up at one of the places I was looking. They didn't and it was getting late.

I figured I'll run over to Staromestska (which fortunately is just across the bridge from Malostranska to see if they were there. So I ran there. I looked in the metro, just outside the various metro exits, and the tram stop. No sign of them. It was already 15 past by this point so I figured I was right the first time. So I went back. And they weren't there. I had to make that phone call.

Luckily I had a bunch of coins in my wallet that I've been unsuccessfully trying to get rid of for days. I called William, he answered and of course I had to explain to him how to get the number. He said there'd been some missed calls so at first I told him to look at that, because it was sure to be from the filming people, but none of the names he read off to me corresponded, so I had to go through again and explain how to get into my phone book. I saw my time running out on the phone so I asked if he could call me back. My money ran out.

The phone rang about a minute later, thankfully, and he gave me the number. I had to write it with makeup, which I didn't actually need to use on my face while I was out, but as I didn't have a pen it was good that I'd brought it.

After that call I only had a 50 crown coin left, which is a strange kind of coin, in the process of being phased out, and it doesn't work in any type of machine so I crossed the road back to the main station area and tried to get change. I asked a vendor in some stand if he'd give me change, of course he said no. So I went into the metro, and just for the hell of it tried the phones in there. Then I couldn't find the piece of paper with the number written on it. I searched in my pockets, in all the compartments in my bag amongst all the rubbish I have in there. I finally found it and of course I couldn't use the 50 crown coin in the phone so I went to buy a ticket, which I figured I'll be use sometime, to get the change. I went over and asked for a ticket then I realized I didn't have the coin. I searched in my pockets, in all the compartments in my bag amongst all the rubbish I have in there, and I didn't have it. The guy in the booth gave me my ticket, and I said sorry and ran off, back to the phone I was at and like an idiot I'd left the coin on top of the phone. I rushed back and got the ticket and my change.

I went back to the phone, put my money in and nothing happened, it was just stuck. It wouldn't work. Luckily I got my money out with one of my cards but I couldn't use the phone. The other phone in the metro was for cards only, so I had to run back across the road to use the original phone.

I called the number, an old Scottish voice answered it, which belonged to the director, so I had the right number at least. He said hello and then didn't seem to hear me. My 10kc ran out and I stayed there for a while on the chance he might call back. Thankfully he did and could hear me. I said who I was and asked where they were. Of course he asked where I was bla bla bla and said they were at Staromestska. I was right the second time. They were just outside the metro, so I went back over, walked all the way around by the metro exits and didn't see them. I thought I was going mad when I heard someone call me from across the road, from another metro exit, one that I hadn't thought of.

So I finally caught up to them. We filmed the scenes and went home. The end.

....

Ok, filming was ok. It didn't end up taking too long which was good because we had a limited time because we need daylight, and daylight at this time of year is scarce, and of course I'd come kind of late...

He seemed pleased with out performances. And it didn't rain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sounds so much like me, when the pressure is on to get somewhere and do something I. Always. Fuck. Up.