11.04.2006

Just to reassure you that I'm still on this blogging thing...

What is it with Saturdays? They're so fucking boring! I'm totally bored out of my mind and have plenty of time to write a long and thoughtful post, but of course I have nothing to say.

It's still cold, only it's rainy as well now. My weather program say it's 5 degrees but it feels like 1. What the fuck does that mean? Either it's 5 degrees or it's not! And if it's 5 degrees then whatever it feels like feels like 5 degrees don't you think? Anyway it's fucking cold, and there have been a few people around wearing woolly caps and gloves already so I shouldn't worry about looking like a dork, not that I should anyway because it's pretty clear that I'm a dork regardless of woolly hats. I should embrace my dorkism. At least my ears won't fall off.

The other night we filmed the first bit of our movie. I wasn't really pleased with the final take of my bit that they chose, but it wasn't all that bad. Next shooting is on next Tuesday, and a few more after that and it should be done by late November. After that there's nothing but the cold, dark and loneliness to keep me company.

Oh yeah, that Christmas thing. Grrrr.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it! Not too long ago I blogged about the weekends on the Net being quiet, especially in America. I figured they had a special relationship with their time off due to having high family values. Now I reckon I got it wrong - it's not just the States, it's everywhere. It's just me! I'm a saddo. I'm relcutant to go out and engage with the world, especially this time of your - am I afflicted with SAD (seasonal affective disorder)?

Cold? It's the fucking same here too. I'll wear whatever it takes. After all, if I can sport a black-eye, why should I worry about inappropriate clothing? As for your dorkhood, we all know what you look like, so if you're a dork, then what else can I say except vive le dorks!

Tell me, is it exciting making a film, or is the reality different? Do they keep you hanging around for long periods? Oh, and do you call each other "dahling"?

Chrimstma? Humbug!

Michelle said...

It definitely is a universal thing, this weekend quietness. My theory is that most people use blogging, flickring or whatever internet activity they're really into as an excuse for putting off work, but it's not important enough to them to put off their weekend activities.

I haven't sported my woolly cap yet, but it plans to get colder over the next week so I think I'll have it out soon enough. I don't even have to worry too much about dorkiness, I think everyone will be wearing them. So much for being a trend setter!

Sorry to disappoint you but this film is very, very amateur. Most of the people involved haven't done any acting before, even in stuff like this, so are rather free of lovey type behaviour. We may develop it more as we go along however...

Anonymous said...

Oh fuck! And I thought folk I know on the Internet were mesmerised by my cyber-charisma, when all the time I'm just work-avoidance tool. Shit!

Don't forget the woolly knickers (matching of course, that's the classy way). You get heat loss from all the extremities you know.

I'm not disappointed about your film, I'm fascinated. Tell me though... all the males are gay? Aren't they?