4.03.2012

More public transport related annoyances..

I have a lot of these, and I rant on about each individual one again and again, but I may have not necessarily mentioned this particular one in this particular space before. Then again I might have, but it's probably long enough ago and boring enough so that no one will recognize it.. considering there is at most 2 people who will ever read this, I reckon I'm safe.


This is one which doesn't happen so often, because it's one of those unwritten (or maybe it's written somewhere, I don't know, the rule book for decent people or something).. anyway people know not to do this, even traveling through the center to the touristy areas I work, with international travelers galore.. people seem to know.

Anyway, I was getting off the tram, and managed to get off, I was at the door, no one in front of me.. and there was a huge group of people just outside the door.. there appeared to be a single large group of young tourists there, and one of them got in front of me, in the direction I was going to walk, and the others just started piling on.. or I think they did, I shoved through the second person so I could go my original route which is more direct and dammit I'm going to work and I'M SUPPOSED TO BE LET OFF FIRST ANYWAY and I didn't see.. but I think a whole bunch of them just crammed in, probably not letting some of the other people off.

So.. the rule is you're supposed to let people off first. Sometimes you get on while someone is trying to get off.. I do quite often but it's when someone takes their time or realizes at the last minute they need to get off there and I do what I can to get out of their way.. but at busy stops, which this one was, you stand there.. because a lot of people are going to get out, and wait.. wait and wait until they're all off, or until you have good reason to believe that most people are off. Then you get on. These people didn't do that. Bad people they were. Bad.

No comments: