5.29.2007

Getting the whip out..

I don't usually approve of corporal punishment, but some people just go to far and deserve a good whipping. I speak of course of people who can't spell. There are certain words I keep coming across that are just wrong! One of them being "rediculous". This pisses me off, what is it about that word that so many people get it wrong? And more importantly, why haven't all those people been round up and shot? There are others. I'll probably think of some later.

I'm also just a tad bothered by bad punctuation and English in general. I won't go on about the various ways of writing the words which sound like there, your and too because it's been written about a lot already, except to say that anyone who uses "ur" for "your" needs to stop it. It's not a frickin text message! You're not writing on a frickin phone! You have a whole frickin keyboard at your convenience! Write the whole word for fucks sake! If you can't frickin type you need to get off my internet and leave it it the big people!

I realize abbreviations are really popular these days. They used to really piss me off because I didn't know what they meant. As time went on I learnt what some mean, and now when I see "lol" I just think my that's silly. I've also learnt the meaning of rotfl, imo, imho and others. There are still some I don't know. Like fwiw. It pisses me off when I see it because people just write this shit like you're supposed to know what it means and you can't just interrupt a discussion to ask what it's about and you'll look like a dickhead anyway, so if anyone knows what that or any other of these things mean please let me know. When I know them all my internet browsing will be much less frustrating. I'll still think that anyone who uses them are bad people though.

5 comments:

Ronald said...

The wurst 1's r those who say sugah stead of shit. That reely gr8s on me. Say wot u mean I say. Frickin wankus.

Michelle said...

I agree good sir.

Barry Leiba said...

«One of them being "rediculous".»
Clearly, when you're diculous for a second time... you're re-diculous. Mm?

«now when I see "lol" I just think my that's silly. I've also learnt the meaning of rotfl, imo, imho and others. There are still some I don't know. Like fwiw.»
Well, for what it's worth, it took me only a few minutes, after learning "rotfl", to figure out "rotflmao". Of course, that was a few minutes out of my life that could have been spent in some far-more-enjoyable activity.

«you can't just interrupt a discussion to ask what it's about and you'll look like a dickhead anyway»
Exactly: these are shibboleths. Just like "l33t" (leet)... if you don't understand it, you're not of the "in" crowd.

We're none of us 16 any more.
(Thank &deity!)

«but some people just go to far»
Prepare to be whipped. Oh, you like it, we know you do.

Michelle said...

Ah, now I know what that one means, now another that annoys me will pop up. Still haven't changed my mind about those people being horrible and despicable though.

True, they might enjoy being whipped, I'll have to think of another punishment.

Tarty said...

Improper spelling and grammar drives me crazy too.

Have your read the book Eats Shoots and Leaves? I think you would enjoy it.