5.06.2007

And the answer is...

Boobs.

I refer to the competition I ran on Friday, in which I asked you to guess what the ad with the woman on the bike was for.

I'm not joking. The answer is really boobs, or rather breast implants.

Nobody guessed it, but I'm not terribly surprised that an ad with a photo of a woman with small-ish breasts which are not very visible under a hooded sweater, riding a bike and smiling with the words "you've never looked smarter" under it did not immediately make people think "boobs!"

Though I can see how such an ad would convince a woman dissatisfied with the size of her breasts to go through with the operation.. "oh, they'll make me look smarter? Just like the woman in the ad grinning like an idiot who's boobs you can't even see? Ok.. I'll get them, here's the money!" I'd just don a pair of glasses myself, but I've proven more than once that I'm hopelessly out of touch, so don't listen to me.

You're still all welcome to drink with me in Prague by the way. I won't even make you pay for me, I'm that nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH! why are men so boob obsessed! I don't get it and why do women go to such lengths? Why can't we just be happy with who we are?

Justine said...

that's strange. how do they figure a spray tan, a white tee-shirt and matching teeth could ever be improved upon?